thirty four

the day before david's birthday was a little busy. after work, i went to jason and todd's place to help natalie organize the party. she hired a few people to do the heavy work but i decided to go more as a support team with cas. "someone will probably end in the pool." i told nat as i sat down on top of the kitchen counter, swinging my legs back and forth.

"it will be you if you don't get out of there and help me with the wheel." she shot me a glare. i giggled, getting of the counter to go help her. after everything was ready, we went to cas's place to get ready together, since natalie didn't know if david was home or not. 

i was putting my make up on, sat down on the ground in front of the mirror when natalie sat by my side while cas went to the bathroom to grab something. "i know it will probably sound weird, but... are you really a virgin?" i almost dropped my mascara with her question.

i looked at her. "david tells you everything, huh?" she shrugged. "i'm not, i was just messing with him." 

she seemed to be relived. "i was shocked when he told me, because you don't seem the virgin type to me, i mean, you gave me some good tips." i laughed at her words.

cas returned to the room. "who is a virgin?" she asked stopping behind us to fix her outfit. 

"david thinks that angie is a virgin." nat told her while getting up to change her outfit. 

"wait, what?" and i explained to them the whole story about why i told him that as i put on my clothes. i had no idea on what to wear for the party, so i chose to put on a black dress and a golden jacket that i bought with carly this weekend. my make up had a few touches of glitter on it so it was good enough for me. when we were all ready, we headed back to the house to wait for everyone to get there.

david arrived an hour later with jason. "did you fly my mom out?" he asked as he passed the golden curtain that led to the living room. when he opened his eyes, the guys popped the confetti at him while we all screamed 'surprise'.

the face that david made was priceless when we started to yell his name a couple of times. a big smile glued to his lips as he received several hugs. i decided to wait for everyone to congratulate him. natalie dressed him with a golden jacket so he could wear something that resembled the party theme. david was dragged outside by zane so he could show him the entire party.

natalie did a really great job with the decoration. the whole house looked perfect and i guessed it looked like the way she wanted to, basing on what she told me earlier. she cared about david so much, seeing all the effort she put on this just to make a nice surprise for him. they are a couple of friends that some would envy.

noticing that david was busy and i didn't want to ruin his conversation with jack, his friend that was also a photographer, i went inside, making my way towards the kitchen. a few people were there, grabbing something to eat, so i joined them. "already eating?" todd asked as he grabbed some food for himself by my side. 

"i didn't eat all day." i told him while taking a bite of my food.

he nodded. "so... are you finally giving david the big present?" i almost chocked with the food with his question. 

todd wasn't surprised by my reaction as he leaned against the counter behind him. "what do you mean?" i frowned.

"you guys haven't kissed yet, are you planning on doing that soon? today is the perfect day, come on." i held back my laugh, shaking my head.

"i think that that's none of your business, toddy." i joked.

he raised his brows. "well, have you?"