twenty eight

the rest of the month flew by. on the day of my audition, i got so nervous that i threw up before i left my house. david, being the only person i felt comfortable telling about the contest, couldn't go with me, but texted me a few pictures of him at the dentist. it calmed me down a little bit, however, when the uber parked in front of the place, i froze in my place. the man practically kicked me out of his car, so i had no option but to enter the building. 

i sat down in the backstage with the other five people that were auditioning today, my legs crossed tightly and my sweaty hands pressed against my thigh. i was shitting my pants, but i didn't let it show, seeing that everyone also pretended to be calm, or they really were, i couldn't tell. i kept mentally playing the song that i practiced these past few days so i wouldn't forget about it. they chose it, so everyone else was playing the same song, so it needed to be perfect. 

when the unknown man called my name, i got up, keeping my head up to not show how nervous i was, again. my jaw dropped when i saw how big the walt disney concert hall actually was. it looked big from outside, but standing there, in the middle of that stage, was something else. my legs almost gave up when i saw the five people sitting on a a few chairs in front of the stage. a great amount of people fitted there, how was it even possible that i would won it, and that i would be able to perform in front of thousand and thousands of people? i swallowed thickly, sitting down in front of the grand piano, gulping my fear. 

so i played the entire song, trying my hardest to make a perfect performance to the five unexpressive people sitting there. i was so into the song, my slick fingers pressing the keys with ease, that i felt myself floating right there. the chords echoed through that giant hall, vibrating my entire body. when i finished it and stood up, they only looked down to their note pads, writing a few things down while the man who called my name, came to escort me out. i thanked him and quickly left there. as soon as i was in the street, i found the nearest trash can, vomiting even more than i did back home. i called an uber right after, wanting to hide inside my house for the rest of my life.

i did good, i mean, i tried at least. but this was so much pressure, the way they looked at me like they didn't give a fuck about the whole performance i did right there... it was scary as fuck. i called david later that night, telling him everything about the audition. we talked through the whole night, and i fell asleep while he hummed 'dancing queen' editing a few things for his vlog. 

on saturday, the day before my birthday, david invited me to join them for a birthday party of a friend. the theme was the 80's, so we all have to dress up nice. i asked him if i could get ready at his place since he would be my ride for the night, because, again, my car broke down. natalie quickly made me go to her room so we could do it together. i appreciated it, finding it quite nice the two hours we spent together, choosing outfits and doing our makeup. she was finally liking me. "but i've always liked you, angie!" she whined by my side after i stated that.

"i'm just messing with you, hun." i elbowed her slightly. nat forced me into wearing heels tonight and so i did. it wasn't that i didn't like it, i just never wore it. we took a few pictures together, posting on our social medias. natalie called me hot for the fifth time already, saying that my dress, that was white and in one leg was longer than the other, practically exposing my entire right thigh, made my body look incredible. "oh my god, let's make out already!" i suggested, making her wheeze.

we left her room, laughing with each other, stopping after turning to the left at the end of the hallway, seeing that matt, jason, heath, mariah and zane were there too, loud music playing on the speakers around the house. "holy shit." david exhaled as soon as he saw us.

"damn, angie, you look hot!" zane exclaimed. "and so are you nat, holy fucking shit." we giggled.

"i know, right?" i joked making my way towards matt. "wow, leopard, nice." i ran my hand through his fluffy jacket.