"I don't mind going at all if that's alright with you Hatori" Hatori looked at Momiji and I before giving in.

"Fine but we shall leave now so I can have her home on time" He mentioned heading back to the car.

"Home in time for what?" Momiji asked pulling me towards the car as he opened the door pushing me right in.

"Must you ask so many questions" The ride was quiet as he drove us to the ice cream place momiji wanted to go to. It was kind of far so Momiji leaned his head on my shoulder to close his eyes before we made it.

When we made it I gently shook Momiji awake. We all got out of the car and went to order the ice creams that we wanted.

Just at the school people would turn to look at all three of us going awwww as they pointed to us.

"Such a cute couple and I wonder if that's their kid" a woman said to another.

"I doubt it look at her uniform, she's still in high school" We got our ice creams as I was going to pay for it but Hatori stopped me paying for both of ours.

"Can't be his children, they look nothing a like" They continued.

"Maybe they are a couple and she just like older guys... he looks pretty young like 24-26"

"You're right maybe the kid is adopted, some couples like to start families early these days" It was kind of hard to ignore what they were saying because they were that close us.

"Thank you Hatori" I smiled awkwardly as we sat there eating the ice cream cones together.

"Are you certain you want to go home?" I didn't realized Hatori was watching me eat my ice cream, which started to make feel more awkward, especially when all the other females around us talked about us and stared as well.

"Um, well if I don't he will be alone" I answered which made him narrow his eyes as momiji stopped licking his ice cream cone.

"I didn't ask about him, I asked about you" Its pretty hard to put myself first before anyone else. People say that sometimes it's ok to take a break but when another need me how can I.

If only they knew what my fathers been through maybe they could understand more why I stay. I can't abandon him now but I'm trying to help him. In my heart I know he will change eventually.

"I think I will be fine if I go back" I gave him a reassuring smile. He didn't seem like he wanted me to go back at all but I mean who can blame him. I told them only the abuse of what happened that day but not the months he was drinking after that.

After we finished our ice cream he drove in direction to my home. Momiji was very tired I can tell, so I let him rest his head on my lap in which he fell asleep not long after.

When we arrived he stopped on a dirt path in which I had to walk 10 minutes to get to my house.

"Thank you Hatori for everything" He ruffles my hair a bit as I smiled because it felt so nice. It was a very therapeutic touch which I enjoyed very much.

"If anything bad happens, give me a call" He slipped a piece of paper into my hand as he headed back to the car. "Also it's about to pour down soon so see that you make it home safely" He added.

The forecast didn't call for rain today. I hurried on home feeling a raindrop hit my nose. It was far from where Hatori dropped me off yet but it was also getting darker too.

Just as I neared my house as it was in my view it started to pour down by the time I made it home. Just as I was about to head inside there was ruffling in the bushes as I watched closely.

"Who's there?" I asked not knowing what to expect to jump out from behind those bushes.

The bushes ruffled some more right before a cute little kitty limped out. I could tell he was hurt and sad as he meowed at me with a hurt leg.

I gasped before slowly approaching him, he showed no signs of aggression or fear I gently picked him up bringing him into the warm dry house putting an extra pillow down for him to lay on once he was dried off. I remember watching videos on how to splint an animals leg which didn't seem to be that hard. The only thing challenging was keeping it in place while I tied cloth around it.

"There" I smiled as I put a small can of tuna we had in front of him next to a bowl of water.

"You know how I feel about animals" My father said from behind looking down at me.

"But dad it was pouring down rain and he had a hurt leg... I couldn't leave him alone" I smiled up at him.

"How has Tohru been?" He asked out of no where.

"Tohru has been great and so have Arisa and Hana too" I smiled as it was a lie but wasn't because I was with the Sohma's. "We even grabbed ice cream after school today"

I'm going to go to such lengths to keep my friends this time but until then I won't let him know that I have seen the Sohma's again.

This is very dangerous considering what happened last time when I went behind his back. I don't understand why he hates the Sohma's so much they are honestly nice people.