forty one

"no, that is not mean

"no, that is not mean. that is honest." i hear the receptionist talking on the phone as we walk into the hawkins hospital. we walk quickly past her, not trying to make eye contact.

"she won't find out. see, you're the only who gon' tell- woah, woah, woah! excuse me!" she puts down the phone and stands up. she places a hand on her hip and the other on the counter. "where do you think you're going?"

nancy turns around. "oh, um...i was just going to visit my grandma again. and- and this" she motions towards us. "this is my family."

"extended." lucas adds. he flashes the receptionist a smile but it isn't returned.

"i don't care who they are. you know the rules. two visitors at a time." the woman says.

"yeah, but-" nancy starts.

"two!" the woman repeats. she stares at us for a moment before picking up the phone again and sitting down to continue her conversation. "girl, this child has lost her mind. she brought a whole zoo in here."

"we'll go in first, you guys stay here." jonathan says to us before following nancy down the hallway.

i watch as mike puts two quarters into the vending machine and watch as the wire in front of the kit kat bars starts to move. it turns halfway before stopping, the candy bar still behind it.

"oh, come on, you piece of shit." he yells at the machine, hitting the side of it repeatedly.

lucas hits it from one side while mike tries kicking it a few times. mike hits it again and all of the candy inside falls out of their slots.

the boys look at one another before looking over at eleven, who smiles softly before wiping her nose and looking back down at her magazine.

lucas smiles and shrugs before bending down and collecting all the candy.

"thanks." mike says.

i sit down in one of the chairs next to max and open a snickers bar. i bite into it and open one of the magazines nearby.

"these magazines are so old, there's literally nothing interesting in here." she says, flipping through all the pages.

"i know." i agree, continuing to read mine anyway.

"hey max, wanna try and catch these skittles in your mouth?" lucas says, coming up to us.

max looks over at me and i shoot her a smile before looking back down at my magazine.

"yeah, i guess." she says, following lucas over to the vending machine.

almost as soon as they leave, mike comes to sit down next to me.

"yeah!" i hear lucas laugh as max catches a skittle in her mouth.

i look back down at the magazine. mike motions for will, who was two seats away from me, to leave and will nods hesitantly before walking away.

"hey." mike says.

"...hi."

"does your species like m&m's?" he asks, holding up the small bag. i look at him for a moment before putting my hand out. he shakes the bag and a few of the small candies fall into my hand.

"i think what you did for el was really cool, by the way. the new look." he smiles.

"thanks, but it was mostly max." i laugh.

"it was still nice of you to help though." he says, looking away with a smile on his face.

i smile softly before popping another m&m into my mouth.

"what's wrong?" i hear eleven ask.

i look over to see will holding the back of his neck and walking around. he was looking up at the lights, which were all flickering.

the rest of us start to stand up and crowd around him. something was off.

"he's here." will shivers.

i look over at mike and he looks right back at me. eleven takes a deep breath and starts walking around.

she starts to walk the way jonathan and nancy went and the rest of us follow her.

"hey, hey, hey! two at a time!" the receptionist yells at us.

we ignore her and continue walking down the hallway.

as eleven leads us down different halls, the growling and shrieking noises get louder.

eventually, we reach a locked door.

"stand back." eleven says before throwing the door back into the room.

we see a giant monster inside on top of nancy. it turns to us, roaring.

"jesus!" mike says.

"what the fuck!" max yells.

it continues to roar as it starts charging towards us, but eleven throws the creature against the wall.

the creature groans as eleven then throws it to the opposite wall. she throws it once more into the ceiling before letting it fall back onto the ground.

even angrier now, the creature stands back up. as it's getting ready to chase us, eleven throws it backwards into the air and out the window.

"nancy!" jonathan yells, running into the room.

"go! go!" i scream as eleven starts running back down the hall. we all run outside, trying to find where the creature fell.

"shit." lucas says as soon as we step outside.

the monster starts moving over to the sewer drain, where it eventually escapes.

- -
author's note:

DUDE HOLY FUCK I WAS FINALY ABLE TO GET BACK INTO THIS ACCOUNT.
BRUH .
ITS BEEN THREE YEARSSSSS.

anyways, i rewrote this entire story so i hope no one's mad. and if u are, oops! it's less cringe now. hopefully.

but yeah, i'll be updating more now :)

okay okay bye bozos