three

"y/n! do you copy?" mike's voice over my walkie talkie wakes me up the next morning

"y/n! do you copy?" mike's voice over my walkie talkie wakes me up the next morning. "hey y/n? wake up!"

"what do you want." i say in a sleepy voice.

"get over here now, we have a problem." he urges.

"what do you mean? what about school?" i sit up.

"don't go today, just come over. i tried to get eleven to go to the front of the house but she didn't want to. i'll just fill you in when you get here." he explains.

"alright, alright." i sigh, rubbing my eyes. "give me like 20 minutes."

i knock on mike's front door and mrs. wheeler answers.

"y/n! you're just in time for breakfast. do you want some eggos?" she smiles, welcoming me in.

"uh sure, actually. thanks."

mike comes down the stairs and we go into the dining room. i noticed that mike was eating his eggos like he hadn't eating in years.

"slow down, mike. that's disgusting." nancy gives him a dirty look but mike just glared are her.

"do a lot of studying last night?" he asked nancy.

i knew what he was referring to.

mike had told us that when he snuck out to look for will last night, he saw steve 'the hair' harrington trying to climb through nancy's window.

"yeah, actually, i did." nancy says.

"what was your test on again? human anatomy?" mike asks with a smirk.

i try to contain my laughter.

nancy kicks mike under the table but mike kicks her back.

"hey, what's going on?" mrs. wheeler asks.

"nothing." both mike and nancy say at the same time. they continue eating their eggos.

after breakfast, mike and i ride our bikes down the street before turning back.

by the time we were back, mr. and mrs. wheeler had already left so we had the house to ourselves.

we go downstairs to get eleven. mike decided to show her around the house.

eleven walked into the living room and mike tried to show off his tv. i rolled my eyes and laughed.

"mike, i don't think she cares about the size of the tv." we walk towards the chimney while eleven admires the pictures.

"what are we gonna do?" i ask mike.

"i don't know. i think we should just keep her a secret." he shrugs.

"no, lucas will freak." i say.

"well, what should we do then, y/n? because when i told her to go around to the front of the house, she said she was in danger," he makes a gun figure with his fingers and puts it up to my head, "danger danger"