nineteen

"it's dark down here

"it's dark down here." i mumbled, following steve into the cellar. he didn't say anything but instead turned on a lightbulb. i stood behind him as he looked around.

"what the-" i pointed at a slimy substance on the ground and he picked it up with his bat. it looked like skin. it must've been Dart's. he averted his gaze away from the skin, slowly putting his bat down.

"steve? y/n?" i heard dustin's voice from outside.

i turn to what steve was looking at and my eyes go wide.

"guys, what's going on down there?" dustin asks.

steve walked over to the stairs and shone his flashlight up at dustin. "get down here."

dustin hesitantly walked down the stairs and steve held up his bat.

"oh shit." dustin mumbled.

i shine my flashlight over towards the wall, revealing a hole where dart must've escaped.

"oh shit!" dustin repeated.

we walked towards the hole and kneeled in front of it. steve shone his flashlight into it, still holding up his bat.

"no way." dustin said quietly.

"dustin!" i heard lucas' voice come over the radio. "this is lucas. do you copy? dustin?"

i continued helping steve get the bucket of meat and the gasoline out from his trunk. dustin turned around and talked into his headset radio.

"well, well, well, look who it is." he said.

"sorry, man." lucas said quickly. "my stupid sister turned it off."

"well, when you were having sister problems, dart grew again, he escaped, and we're pretty sure he's a baby demogorgon." dustin practically screamed.

"wait, what?" lucas said slowly.

"we'll explain later." dustin scoffed. "just meet me, y/n, and steve at the old junkyard."

"steve?"

"and bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." dustin ignored him.

"steve harrington?!"

i put my backpack on as steve closed his trunk. we both picked up a bucket of meat and dustin picked up the gasoline.

"alright, let's go." steve sighs.

"just be there, stat. over and out." dustin says before putting his radio up.