twenty nine

"god

"god." i gag, looking around at all the white dust flying around.

"what even is this place?" max asks.

steve ignores her and instead starts walking faster. "guys, come on. keep moving."

"what the hell." i hear dustin say from behind me.

i stop and turn to see him looking up at something sticking out from the tunnel. it seems to be building something up.

"dustin, get away from there." i say.

suddenly, he's sprayed with some kind of substance, causing them to fall to the ground.

"shit!" dustin screams. he quickly stands up, running after us. "help! help! help!"

"dustin! y/n!" i hear mike yell.

dustin trips over a something as the others run towards us. they crowd around us to see if we were okay, but are shoved out of the way by steve.

"what happened?" he practically screams, kneeling in front of dustin.

"it's in my mouth! some got on my mouth!" dustin yells. "shit!"

"are you okay?" steve asks me.

i nod, "yeah, it didn't get on me. i just stopped cause i saw dustin stop."

dustin stops coughing and looks up at us. "i'm okay." he says, softly.

"are you kidding me?" lucas rolls his eyes.

"idiot." i hear max mutter, shaking her head as we continue walking.

i chuckle a little, looking back at dustin, who was getting up and running to catch up with us.

"alright, wheeler." steve says after walking for a while. "i think we found your hub."

we shine our flashlights around the tunnel and see multiple entries to different tunnels.

"drench it." mike says.

we start to pour the gasoline everywhere, making sure to get each entry to each tunnel. once we were done, we gather at the entry to the tunnel we came from, preparing to get out of there as fast as we could.

"you guys ready?" steve asks.

"ready." we all say.

"light this bitch up." i grin.

steve holds his lighter up and sighs. "i am in such deep shit."

he throws the lighter to the middle of the opening and i instantly feel the heat hit my face. the fire grows quickly and we all start getting out.

"go, go, go, go!" steve yells.

"oh my god, oh my god." i hear dustin panic.

"let's go!" steve yells from the front.