thirty nine

"okay, now

"okay, now." max whispers and mike and i start hitting the lockers, making a loud clanging noise.

"pool's closed." i hear billy's voice in the other locker room.

we continue banging on the lockers and mike even slams his entire body into one.

"hey!" billy yells, slamming a locker shut. "did you hear me? pool is closed!"

i hear his footsteps get closer and he tries to open the big, blue door but fails.

"billy!" mike says in a sing-songy voice into his radio.

"who's there?" i hear billy say.

"billy!" mike repeats.

"who's there?" billy replies in the same sing-songy voice.

mike giggles and i hear a shower curtain rip open.

"billy!" mike keeps saying.

"you think this is funny, huh?" billy asks, his footsteps getting closer.

"billy!" mike says in a raspy voice. "come and find me!"

"i find you, it is your funeral." billy warns.

"come and get me. come on!" mike continues.

i hear a door slam open and mike laughs. "billy!"

"got you." i hear billy say. he starts cackling.

"come and get me, you piece of shit." mike says into the radio, looking around the corner. i look over him and see billy opening the sauna door.

he stops for a moment, clearly confused as to why there's a dummy hanging in the room with a radio duct taped to it's chest. eleven walks towards him, standing outside the sauna as billy goes towards the dummy.

"hey. behind you." mike says.

billy turns quickly and looks at eleven.

"hi." she simply says.

billy throws the dummy down and starts walking towards eleven, but she throws him back with her powers. he grunts loudly, his back smashing into the wall.

"now!" mike yells, leading us around the corner to where el was standing.

billy yells in anger and goes to stand up, but eleven quickly slams the door closed with her mind as mike sticks a metal tube in the handle and will wraps a chain around it in order to prevent billy from getting out.

"come on, hurry." mike says as i quickly put the lock on the chain.

we run back and stand behind el as billy bangs on the door. finally, he stops and looks at us.

"max." he says, softly.

i look back at her to see a swirl of many different emotions in her eyes.

"do it." she says.