thirty five

"did she just-?" max stammers, looking from mike to me

mike doesn't say a word as eleven turns on her heel and walks quickly to catch up with max and i.

we walk onto the bus and i slide into the nearest open seat. max sits next to me while eleven stands next to her, holding onto the railing.

we're quiet for a moment before looking towards one another and bursting out in laughter.

"you must be an angel, i can see it in your eyes..." max dances around el's room, singing along to the song playing from the radio.

el and i sat on her bed, looking through all the magazines that max and i had brought over.

i notice eleven open up a magazine with a picture of ralph macchio taking up two pages. she smiles slightly at the picture, examining it.

max chuckles, walking over to us. "oh, you found ralph macchio."

"macchio?" eleven asks.

"yeah, he's the karate kid." max explains, kneeling next to the bed. she chops her hand towards eleven. "hi-yah!"

we start laughing.

"he's so hot, right?" i ask. "i bet he's an amazing kisser, too."

max smiles at eleven. "is mike a good kisser?"

"i don't know." she chuckles. "he's my first boyfriend."

"ex-boyfriend." i correct her.

eleven's face drops.

"hey, don't worry about it. okay?" max nods.

"yeah, he'll come crawling back to you in no time, begging for forgiveness." i reassures her.

"i guarantee you, him and lucas are, like, totally wallowing in self-pity and misery right now." max adds.

we all start laughing as max pretends to be lucas, crying.

"god, what i wouldn't give to see their stupid faces." she smiles.

eleven gives her a look before looking down. i look over at her, giving her a smile.

"what is it?"

"i might have a way." she giggles.

eleven wraps the black blindfold around her head, tying it behind her.

"is this really gonna work?" max asks.

el simply nods.

"holy shit, this is insane!" she smiles widely.