twenty

"oh yeah

"oh yeah. yeah, this'll do." steve says as we walk up to the old junkyard. he takes his sunglasses off and starts walking towards the old, run-down cars. "this'll do just fine. good call, henderson."

i look over to see dustin stand up straight, a big smile plastered on his face.

we throw the rest of the meat in the buckets on the ground, forming a big pile.

"i said medium-well!" i hear someone yell.

we look up to see lucas and max at the top of the hill, waving at us and smiling.

"who's that other girl?" steve asks us.

we don't say anything so steve looks over at us. i notice dustin's face drop and his smile turns into a frown.

"you told her?" i ask lucas. dustin, lucas, and i were bent down behind an old, red car while max and steve set up where we would hide in order to find dart.

"so what?" lucas shakes his head a little while furrowing his eyebrows.

"so what?" dustin mocks him.

"you guys wanted to tell her too." lucas says.

"yeah, but we didn't. alright?" dustin said, clearly frustrated.

"we all agreed not to tell her and to look for dart." i say.

"who dustin conveniently found." lucas rolls his eyes.

"are you suggesting that I'm lying?" dustin asks.

"i'm saying you have a creepy little bond with him." lucas says.

"yeah, that was before he turned into a demogorgon." dustin says, crossing his arms.

"and you guys haven't heard from mike?" lucas asks.

"no." dustin and i say at the same time.

"or will?"

"no." we repeat.

"hopper?"

"no! no one is around." i say.

"yeah, why do you think we're with steve harrington?" dustin adds.

"something's-" lucas cuts me off.

"wrong. i agree. which is why we need as much help as we can get."

we look up through the broken car window to see max lifting an old car part against the door of a bus.

"she didn't believe me anyways." lucas says.

"you probably didn't tell it right." dustin says, smiling softly.

"that must be it." lucas says, looking back at us. "so, we good?" be holds his hand out for us to shake it.