XXX - GROWING PAINS

   Audrey sat on the stairs in the Mikaelson mansion, her eyes occasionally glancing into the study, where Rebekah stood looking at Klaus's artwork. The events of the day before were still fresh in everyone's head, everyone mourning one or more losses. After a panicked call from Jeremy, Audrey learned that her sister was still alive, having awoke in the morgue due to having vampire blood in her system. All thanks to Rebekah, who'd ran Matt's truck off the road and off Wickery bridge, when he and Elena were on their way back into town. Knowing how Elena felt about turning, she knew how unlikely it was that she'd pick to complete the transition, even with two very persistent Salvatore's urging her to. 

   She'd gotten a message back from Caroline, ensuring that she was okay, which relieved the Gilbert girl slightly. The question as to how still played on her mind, as it did Rebekah and Elijah, both of who were sure Klaus had turned their bloodline.

   "I'll have us on the first flight out tonight." Elijah's voice said down the phone, bringing Audrey out of her thoughts.  "How is she?"

   "I'm not sure." She admitted, glancing at the blonde Mikaelson once again. "I'm going to talk to her in a minute. I called Kol, he's up to date but he staying out of the way."

   "Probably for the best." Elijah answered. "Try to convince her to leave with us. I'll be back to collect you in a few hours."

   "Okay." She said softly, pushing up to her feet. "I love you."

   "And I love you."

   With a sigh, she pushed her phone into her pocket, and made her way through into the study. She moved to Rebekah's side, and instantly saw the silent tears that were spilling down her cheeks, her hands clutching one of the many paintings scattered around the room. She didn't say anything to the Gilbert girl, simply just looked at her with tears in her eyes, and Audrey sighed as she pulled her into a hug. Losing anyone you love is hard, and family was the worst type of loss to experience, in Audrey's opinion. 

   Pulling away, Rebekah cleared her throat, wiping at her eyes. "You should know better than to sneak up on a lady."

   "Good advice." Damon's voice answered, and Audrey gave him a look. "Have you seen one?"

   Rebekah turned to face him with a cold, blank look. "Tragic about Elena. Not to make a grey cloud greyer, but does Matt even have automobile insurance?" 

   With that, she turned back around, as Damon glared at her angrily. Before Audrey could say anything, the eldest Salvatore rushed toward the blonde, gripping the white oak stake in his hands. Rebekah turns and catches his wrist, rushing him back against the wall, forcing him to drop the stake to the ground. Suddenly, the windows shatter as wooden bullets begin to fly through the air. 

   "Rebekah!" Audrey said in alarm, as an arrow hits her heart, making the blonde drop to the ground dead. 

   "Audrey!" She spun at the sound of Damon calling out to her, but before she could even clock where he was stood, her world went black as she felt her head whack against the wall.