XXVIII - ALL MY CHILDREN

   The morning after the ball, Audrey reached over to the other side of the bed when she woke up, only to find Elijah wasn't there. Letting out a small sigh, the Gilbert girl got out of bed and headed into the bathroom, getting herself ready for the day. Once she was showered and dressed, before she made her way downstairs, finding both Klaus and Kol in the living room. The hybrid had his eyes glued to his sketch pad, drawing something with complete concentration, while Kol was pacing around in boredom. 

   "There you are, darling. You took your time this morning." Kol let out, his lips twitching into a smirk. "Elijah tire you out that much?" 

   "Kol." Audrey gave him a look. "Stop." She warned, before sitting down beside Klaus on the couch.

   He glanced up and gave her a small smile, noticing her eyes widening at the drawing on his pad. As she opened her mouth to say something, he quickly placed a finger to her lips, giving her a look. "Stop it."

   Audrey smiled innocently. "I never said anything."

   "You didn't have to." Klaus shot back.

   As she opened her mouth to retort, the three heard the front door open, and a smirk instantly appeared on Kol's face. The only girl of the Mikaelson children walked in, still in her dress from the night before, her hair a mess and heels held in her hand. Audrey rose a brow at her, and blonde gave her a small shake of her head, mouthing 'later' to her. As far as Audrey knew, Matt had been her date for the ball last night, but that had ended in disaster when Kol attempted to kill him. 

   "Well, well, well." Kol stepped in her path. "There's our girl!"

   Rebekah gave him a glare. "Get out of my way, Kol."

   "Out all night." Kol tutted, making no effort to move. "What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner? Matt, was it?"

   Audrey grabbed one of spare pencils Klaus had resting beside him, throwing it at the back of Kol's head. "Hey, stop being rude about Matt. He's a good guy."

   Kol glanced at her with a playful look, as Rebekah gritted her teeth in annoyance at her brother. "If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth." She warned, her glare snapping to Klaus as he chuckled. "Don't start, Nik!"

   Klaus grinned. "I didn't say anything."

   "I'm bored." Kol whined, slumping down in a chair. "Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment."

   Klaus glanced up at him. "What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it."

   "It's no fun to go alone." Kol argued, looking at him hopefully. "Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart."

   Klaus gave him a look at the clear guilt trip, before a smirk twitched onto his lips. "Okay. Why not?" He mused, putting his sketch pad down and standing up. "I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date."