IV - BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

   During Elena's mission to hand herself over to Klaus-- or as Damon was calling it, her suicide mission-- the Gilbert twins had apparently missed a lot. While they were away in Richmond, the group decided to go ahead with their plan to get the moonstone from Katherine, which ended with Stefan locked inside of the tomb with her. So, while trying to make sure neither twin attempted to sneak off again, Damon was also trying to find a way to get his brother free. 

   Audrey was in her room that morning, a book in her hand she'd been reading the majority of the night, curled up comfortably in her bay window. "I brought you coffee." Audrey lifted her head from the page she was reading, smiling at her little brother as he walked inside. 

   After Caroline, Jeremy was the next person Audrey knew she could always count on in her life. They were a lot closer than he was with Elena, a bond that only got stronger after their parents died. Each of the Gilbert children dealt with the passing in different ways, Jeremy taking the loss the hardest of them all. In the times Caroline wasn't there, Jeremy became Audrey's shoulder to cry on, and she in turn became his. She never forced him to talk if he didn't want, or try to coddle him, even when he start using drugs as a coping mechanism. Audrey just assured him she was there, whenever he needed her, and didn't judge him for his choices.

   The last thing she wanted to do was push him further down a dark path. 

   "Thanks, Jer." She smiled, carefully taking the cup from his hands. "Bonnie still here?"

   "Yeah, she's talking to Elena." He nodded, sitting down beside her. "You don't have any plans today, do you?"

   "No." She shook her head, and rose a brow as a look of relief passed over his face. "What's going on?"

   "Look, don't be mad." Jeremy began, holding his hands up innocently to her. With a sigh, Audrey closed the book in her lap and got to her feet, crossing her arms over her chest. "But with Elena acting the way she is, Damon and Bonnie decided it was best we take some precautions."

   "What precautions?"

   "Boundary spell." He admitted, earning a look of disbelief from his older sister. "It's just in case Elena tries to run off again. With everything else going on, there won't always be someone around to keep an eye on her."

   "Why did I have to be included in this narrative?" Audrey asked. "I didn't know what her plan was when we went to Richmond. I was just as unaware as the rest of you, ergo, I see no need for me to be under house arrest."

   "Like I said, it's just a precaution." He repeated, earning yet another sigh. "It won't be that bad. I'm staying home all day, we can keep one another company."

   "Alright, fine." She gave in after a moment, which made him smile. "But don't complain when I send you to the Grill for takeout later." Audrey warned him seriously. "If I'm stuck under house arrest, I've earned myself a cheeseburger. Oh, and a oreo milkshake."