VII - THE DINNER PARTY

   Audrey didn't move when she heard her alarm go off the next morning. Instead, she rolled over toward her night stand, clicking the snooze button on her clock before rolling back over. After the incident with the werewolves, once calming her down, Elijah escorted the Gilbert girl home before he vanished like he normally did. She knew it was only because of the state she was in, but nevertheless, she appreciated his patience's with her. Reaching across, she grabbed her phone and checked the multiple notifications she had, mainly Elena checking in on her.

   Sighing, she called her sister's number, forcing herself to sit up in bed. "You know, one "Are you okay?" text works just as well as fifty." She stated when Elena answered.

   "Well, maybe if you learned to answer one text, I wouldn't have to send fifty." Elena shot back. "Seriously, Rey, what happened to you last night?"

   "Three of Jules werewolves tried to kill me." The youngest twin sighed, resting her head back against the headboard. "I'm fine, Elijah killed them before they could do any damage."

   "Are you sure? You're okay?" Elena asked, sounding alarmed and concerned.

   "Emotionally? I'm drained. Psychically? I'm peachy." Audrey said honestly, letting out a sigh. She knew that she couldn't lie, Elena would be able to tell, and her voice would give her away if not. She truly did just sound tired. "How's the romantic getaway going, anyway?" She tried to change the subject.

   "Stefan's mad at me. He found out the full deal with Elijah." Elena told her. "I'm distracting myself reading old Gilbert journals."

   Audrey sighed. She, like Elena, knew exactly what deal had been made. It wasn't hard to tell, Elijah was very careful with his words when he told Audrey what had been agreed, and she picked up on the details quickly. He would keep everyone Elena loved safe, and when the time comes, Elena would be sacrificed in the ritual so he could kill Klaus. Asking her sister had only confirmed what she already knew, and she knew there was no talking Elena out of it. 

   Before she could say anything, she heard a voice call up from downstairs. "Audrey! You awake, kiddo?"

   "That's Jenna." Audrey mused. "Must of came to check in. I'll call you later, yeah?"

   "Alright." 

   Hanging up on her sister, Audrey pulled herself out of bed and made her way downstairs, not bothering to change out of her pyjamas beforehand. "There you are." Jenna smiled at the teenager. "Go get dressed. You can come with me and Elijah to the Grill."

   The Gilbert girl blinked at her words, until she finally clocked who stood beside her aunt, Jenna handing him a cup of coffee. "Nice to see you again, Audrey." The original nodded, the smallest of smirks on his lips.

   "I was just showing Elijah around the old property lines, for his research." Jenna informed her, seeing the surprise on her nieces face. "I thought I'd come bail you out of the house, so you aren't stuck with John."