"Trying to figure out if Papa Gilbert is big fat liar or not." He said bluntly. "He gave me some information, and before I put it to the test, there is an original I need to chat to."

   "Elijah." Audrey slowly nodded in realization. "How do even know he's going to be here?"

   "Tip from my new girlfriend." He joined her side, walking up the porch with her. "Andie Star, action news." 

   "What happened to avoiding all women for the sake of women everywhere?" 

   "I hadn't seen her naked."

   Audrey pulled a face, scrunching her nose in disgust. "You're a pig, you know that?"

   "So you've told me many times, little Gilbert." Damon smirked, earning a eye roll as they made their way inside.

   The event was already well under way as they walked in, classic music playing as the guests socialised with one another. If it wasn't for Jenna's sake, Audrey wouldn't be there at all. She'd never been a fan of big town events, and she usually only went when Elena or Caroline forced her to. The eldest Salvatore stood by her side, as they made their way into the main room, the teenager scanning the room for her aunt.

   "There you are." Jenna sighed in relief, as she appeared in front of the pair. "I was wondering where you'd got to." Her eyes flickered to Damon, not trying to hide her obvious distaste for the man. "Damon, what are you doing here?"

   Before he could answer, Andie suddenly appeared between him and Audrey, pecking his lips with a sweet smile. "Hi. You came."

   "Hi." He smiled back gently, noticing Jenna's look of surprise. "Thanks for introducing us, Jenna." With one last smile, he walks away, leaving Jenna and Andie both staring after him. 

   Audrey rolled her eyes at the word damn leaving Andie's lips, and glanced over to where the Salvatore heading, spotting who he was walking toward. She mumbled out a quick excuse about getting a drink, and headed in that direction with her eyes set on the original in question, an innocent smile on her lips as their eyes met. Elijah returned the smile almost instantly, an action that didn't go unnoticed by Damon, who looked between the pair with a slight frown.

   "Oh, Audrey." Carol Lockwood smiled widely at the girl, grabbing her hand and tugging her to join them, patting her shoulder. "Audrey, this is Elijah Smith. He's in town doing research for a book he's writing." She introduced, and looked at Elijah. "Elijah, this is Audrey Gilbert. She's Jenna Sommers niece. Her family is one of the town's founding families."

   Elijah took her hand gently, kissing the top of it, discreetly exchanging the smallest of smirks with the Gilbert girl. "Pleasure to meet you, Audrey."

   "You too." She nodded politely.

   "Oh, excuse me a moment." Carol excused, following after a waiter with a frown.

   Damon took that as his opportunity, leading Elijah into the empty study to talk privately, tugging Audrey in with them. She rose a brow at the Salvatore, who gave her a unimpressed look back, which only confused her more. 

   "What can I do for you, Damon?" Elijah asked, as Damon closed the door behind them. 

   Damon looked back at him with a smile, one Audrey could tell was forced. "I was hoping we could have a word."

   Elijah looked over at Audrey, clearly skeptical of the Salvatore's intentions, and Audrey couldn't blame him. Audrey only had the vaguest idea what Damon was up to, and even then, she doubted it was as innocent as he made it out to be. "Where's Elena?"

Anomaly [ELIJAH MIKAELSON] [1] [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara