Femme Fatale Part 3 (Taeyong)

Saturday afternoon in a calm, quiet coffee shop with a cute boy in front of you.  The only sounds you can hear are your heart pounding in your chest and the pitter patter of rain on the cafe's roof.  It was a concept you'd never experienced yet.  

You glanced down at the iced coffee in front of you to the piping hot cup of coffee Taeyong was sipping.  The steam danced in front of his face, and his nervous eyes flitted from you to the window.  It was strange to think that both of you could take on a thousand bad guys, but a date made you more nervous.  

It'd been a month since the incident.  The elixir Taeyong's mom had made had helped you heal well, but the scar was a reminder of the chaos from what you had thought to be your last few moments.

"So, what's your favorite city?  I'm sure you've been around a lot," Taeyong spoke up.  

"Rio de Janeiro in Brazil," you smiled fondly.  "That's why I had already made arrangements for you and your mom to go there before things got a little twisted.  It's bright and colorful, and it'd help you forget the bad memories."

"When did you go to Rio?" he asked.

You tilted your head upwards, trying to remember and forget the last time you had seen your own mother.  She had such a warm smile.  Such a kind face.  Her hair smelled like cinnamon and her breath of warm vanilla.  But that warmth had left you to "protect you."  And you'd had to fend for yourself in a foreign city where you didn't speak the language.  It was only later that you realized your father was the leader of a mafia and that there were other kids out there just like you- alone and helpless.  They waited on their parents to come home, but they never would.

"Rio was a great city.  It distracted me from everything for a little bit," she ignored his question.  "What about you?" she smiled while she tried to shift the focus.  "Favorite city?"

"New York," he rattled off without hesitation.  "Wow, it was just stunning!  Like I thought home had skyscrapers and lots of people, but New York was a different type of crowded.  There was so much good food, too."

"Oh, I've never been," you mused.  "We should go together some time.  I think it'll be nice to travel without a sword hanging over our heads."

Taeyong smiled at that.  "I'm in.  What's one place you want to travel that you've never been?"

"Easy!  Fiji.  I love the hot weather.  As you can tell, I'm drinking an iced coffee in the middle of winter."

Taeyong laughed.  "I'll add that to the list.  I think my mom would love Fiji.  Honestly, thank you so much for taking care of my mom.  And me.  Thanks for protecting me.  I kinda owe you."

You slammed your hands on the table and stood up.  "KINDA?!  You owe me big time!"

Taeyong sat back in his chair, watching you in amusement.  "Is this the part where you throw your iced coffee all over me?  Wait, I brought an umbrella since it's raining outside.  Let me just-"

"Hmph, why are you so  adorable," you pouted and sunk back into your chair.  "Sorry, overreacting is kinda an occupational disease."

"KiNDa" Taeyong imitated you, and you giggled.  

You'd watched him here and there, sometimes in person and sometimes through surveillance cameras.  He was such an interesting character, and he should have been predictable right about now, but if anything, he was even harder to read.  

"This is kinda boring.  You wanna try something different?" you cocked a brow.

Taeyong wasn't sure what your definition of fun was, but he smirked as you lead him to his old university's track field.  

"I don't know what's crazier- the fact you know that I went here or that we're about to race in the downpour."

"You wouldn't try dating me unless you were crazy," you retorted and readied yourself at the start line.  "Give it your best shot," you winked.

Taeyong counted down, and the two of you took off, running like you'd never run before.  You laughed as the rain soaked you, and the wind pushed your wet hair back.  Your socks squished in your shoes with each stride, but you still ran like you were racing against time.

Taeyong, too, put all his energy in.  Sweat and rain poured down the sides of his face.  His cheeks burned red as he pushed ahead of you and rounded one corner of the track.  But as he was rounding the next corner, he slipped on a puddle, and his knees buckled under him.  He stared at the ground that was growing closer and closer but felt a pair of arms around him and looked up to realize you had grabbed onto him to soften his fall.  

"I guess saving you is my full-time job, now," you smirked.

Taeyong stared into your eyes that were lit up so brightly and showcased his reflection.  Slowly, he brought his hand up to your face and pushed the wet strands of hair behind your ears.  

"Hey, you fell, too," Taeyong argued.  

"Did not," you stuck out your tongue.

"For me, you did."

---

A/N: Okay, first things first, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!  I know these are some hard times, but remember you can always reach out to me to talk about anything by direct messaging me!  I'm here for you as a friend.  REMEMBER THAT! :)

Question of the imagine: I know this is REALLY late, but what do you guys think about the Kick It MV?  20 seconds in, and I was screaming at the top of my lungs hehe