Femme Fatale Part 2 (Taeyong)

A/N: Once again, this a violent mafia AU imagine, so if that's not your cup of tea, I would skip this one.  For those of you who read part 1 and felt your heart ache, brace yourself T_T

---

"Taeyong?" the voice rang out, and he froze.  Every cell in his body felt like it had turned to ice, and a large tear threatened to spill from his eyes.

You used the pad of your thumb to wipe his tear away.  "My way or your way?"

The woman before him was just as he remembered but so different at the same time.  Her face was weathered with more wrinkles, and her hair was a mixture of gray and white strands.  But she smiled so warmly and reached out a hand.

"We've been watching you for years," you interrupted the moment.  "Because watching from afar was the only way she felt she could protect you."

Taeyong gritted his teeth.  Seeing his mother had helped him regain his strength and he flipped you over so that now your back was pressed against the hardwood floor.  You squirmed under him, but he seemed so powerful, now.  However, after watching him for years, you knew just how to get into that head of his.

"Until now, you've killed people in the name of justice.  Killing me would ruin your streak.  And in front of your mom?  That's just bad manners."

Yuta prodded their leader in the back with his baseball bat.  "Taeyong, can you explain what's going on here?"

Taeyong loosened his grip on your shoulders and straightened himself out as he stood up.  "I can explain everything."

"I left my whole life behind to help you fight everyone guarding this so-called treasure," Doyoung grumbled.  "Come on, guys.  We don't want in on their mushy reunion."

Jaehyun had been Taeyong's right hand man for years.  Tears pooled in the older one's eyes, but just like the others, Jaehyun left, leaving the house empty with just him, you, and his mother behind.  

"Be strong.  Now is not the time to crumble," his mother spoke.  "We need to move fast."

Taeyong still had no idea what was going on.  Why was his mom here?  Who were you?  And what was the strange relationship in between you?  Why didn't you try finding him sooner?  

There was the sound of a gunshot piercing through the silence followed by a large thud.  You scrambled to your feet, and grabbed Taeyong's wrist in one hand and his mother's hand in the other.  Instead of screaming, you moved them quietly.  There was a secret entrance out the back.  You herded them into a car and hopped into the driver's seat.  Without hesitation, you fired up the engine and took off.  

"Taeyong, take that tracker off you," you cursed.

He stared wide-eyed at his body.  "Where...?"

You pointed to his belt.  "The buckle of your belt."

Taeyong looked down and realized she was right.  The only person who had touched his belt was one of the security guards at the airport who had to pat him down before he could enter his private jet.  Had she been on the bad side this whole time?  There were eyes and ears everywhere, and he had to keep his guard up.  

He yanked off the tracker and chucked it out the window.  "Please explain what's happening.  I feel like I have a right to know."

You glanced in the rearview mirror and bit your lower lip.  They were already on your trail.

"Your father never worked for a fishing company, Taeyong," his mother spoke up from the backseat.  "He was a part of the mafia.  And once he found out that my lab had made a medicine that could lengthen the average human's lifespan, he did anything to get his hands on it."