Weightlifting Hunk (Lucas)

Lucas and his friends were horsing around the pool, playing catch with a five-pound weight.  Lucas was a weightlifter.  Anyone could tell just by looking at his toned body.  His nickname on campus was Muscle Man.  He tossed the weight, but as he did so, his watch slipped off his wrist and into the water, slowly but surely sinking to the bottom.  There was only one problem.  Lucas couldn't swim.  His friends quickly left, going to the gym to train.  Lucas was left all alone.  He stared at the water, silently hoping his grandfather's watch would get tired of the bottom of the pool and float to the top.

"Are you looking for something?"  Lucas heard a voice behind him.

He turned around and saw you in a slim Speedo.  Your goggles were pulled over your eyes as if you were about to dive in the pool any second.

"Truth is, I dropped my watch in there, and  I really need to get it back because it's been in the family for a while."

You noticed his tank top and realized he was on the wrestling team.  "You can't swim?" you asked curiously.  

Lucas bit his lip in embarrassment, shaking his head.

"Wait here," you told him, and then you paused.  "Or should I say weight here?"  Before you had time to laugh, you dove into the pool, ignoring the fact that the water was freezing cold.  You swam down and grabbed the watch.  Seconds later, you emerged, your short hair dripping with pool water.  You handed it to the boy before you took off your goggles, and Lucas gasped.

"Y/N?" he stammered.

You raised an eyebrow.  "Do I know you?"

"It's me.  Lucas."

You couldn't believe it.  You almost wanted to dive back in the pool and hide in the deep end until your lungs burned for oxygen.  When did he get so tall, so muscular, and so handsome?  He was nothing like the chubby boy you used to defend from bullies when you were kids.  

Lucas was still staring at you in shock.  Your glow up had hit you hard.  He imagined you must be popular with all the guys, especially since you wore that lean Speedo and were a part of the swim team.  But you knew better.  The guys never took a second glance at you.  You never had the self confidence to talk to them or flaunt what you had, which wasn't much anyways.  You settled for hiding behind your swimming cap and goggles.  

You caught up with Lucas a bit, realizing you both attended the same university, except he was doing weightlifting, and you were a swimmer.  "I've got a doctor's appointment for my back, but I'll catch up with you later," you told him, but he still kept walking by your side.

"I have nothing better to do.  I'll walk you there and wait for you."

He followed you to the doctor's office, noticing that the path you were taking felt familiar, almost too familiar.  When you entered the building, Lucas froze. 

"What's the name of your doctor.  Maybe I've seen him before," Lucas lied.  

But before you could answer, a guy with well-styled light brown hair stepped out.  His lab coat clung to his broad shoulders, and his smile was perfect.  Lucas quickly picked up a magazine and covered his face.

"I'll be back soon," you told Lucas, and you followed your doctor back to the room.  "Thanks for helping me with my back, Dr. Kun."

He laughed.  "I told you a thousand times, you can just call me Kun."

You felt your cheeks heat up, and you admired his handsome features while he entered some data into the computer beside you.  "I mean, you worked hard for that title.  I don't want it to go to waste."

Kun smiled gratefully.  "Aw, you're too nice."  He checked your back and applied some ointment.  "It's still a little sore, but it's healing well.  I think if you just keep applying this medicine once a day, you should be good to go.  I don't think I'll  be seeing you anytime soon."

You felt your heart beating faster and faster, and when you reached the waiting room where Lucas was waiting, you quickly turned around and stared at Kun.  "I like you," you told him.  "I knew I could just keep putting the medicine on and that it'd get better.  But I kept coming back because I wanted to see you."

Kun looked surprised as if this was news to him, but he had been suspecting your feelings for him for a while.  "I'm really sorry, Y/N, but there's already someone I like."

"Oh."  You shut your mouth and stared at the ground.  "I'll be fine.  Thank you for the treatment," and you quickly ran out of the building.  Lucas put down the magazine he was holding, and Kun jumped back, startled.

"What are you doing here?" Kun asked his little brother.  "How do you know Y/N?"

"Same school.  We're besties.  You did well, hyung," Lucas said sarcastically.  "You always do a good job making people feel better."

Lucas ran after you, searching everywhere.  He finally found you by the pool.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked carefully.

"Yeah," you sighed, staring at the water.  You touched your reflection, and it rippled, looking as defeated as ever.  "I don't think I liked him that much, anyways.  I just wish someone would like me back."

Lucas nodded.  "I understand.  Hey, I have a question for you.  What is the best exercise for swimmers?"

"I'd say a good fifteen laps of freestyle," you answered glumly.

"Wrong answer!  It's pool-ups!" Lucas cackled, and if that boy could swim, you would have pushed him in the pool.  But he was glad to see that small smile creep onto your face.

He kept cheering you up until the end-of-the-year competitions rolled around.  It was time for the swimming finals.  You had been prepping like nobody's business.  You stood on the diving platform, pulling your goggles down low and crouched down into position.  The gun fired, and just before you dove into the water, you glanced at the stands and saw Lucas giving you a thumbs-up.  Your body was surrounded by the chilly water, and you swam with all your force.  You realized your heart pounded for that idiot with all his stupid puns.

The sound of water roared in your ears, and you swam faster than you ever had before.  When you completed the laps, you climbed out of the pool, not even aware that you had won first place.  And when they did call out your name, you burst into tears.  You'd lived your whole life in a shadow, and finally, you felt like you were getting somewhere.  

Lucas ran over, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you into the pool.  You were mind was filled with panic.  Lucas couldn't swim.  Your thoughts melted away when you felt his lips on yours, kissing you.

You both surfaced, gasping for air, and Lucas still held you in his strong arms.

"I learned how to swim this past month," Lucas explained.  "But I just had to tell you that you've been causing me a lot of trouble recently, Y/N.  You keep swimming through my mind.  I can't stop thinking about you."

You kissed him again, and the arena echoed with cheers.  "Gosh, you're an absolute nutcase, but I love you."

____

A/N: This was actually so cute to write.  It was based off the Korean drama Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.  If you haven't seen it, you totally should because it was absolutely adorable.  Thank you so much @MYXUXILUCAS for requesting this!  Hope you enjoyed this as well @lucaslovestormi!  

Question of the imagine: How many of you do sports, and what sports do you do?  I actually love most water sports.  I'm gonna sound so stupid, but I love watching surfing.  It's my favorite sport to watch haha.  I used to swim a lot when I was younger, but I had to give it up because school started taking up all my time.     

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 20K READS!  IT MEANS SO MUCH THAT YOU ALL READ MY WORK AND ENJOY IT! <3