Detention (Yuta)

"Nakamoto Yuta, you should know very well by now that disrupting the class is not okay!" Mrs. Song rapped her ruler along the side of his desk.  

"Whatever," Yuta smirked, and you watched as your mom's face turned red with rage.

Mrs. Song resumed class but handed Yuta a very stern note saying she'd see him at detention after school.  But that meant you'd be seeing him too... because Mrs. Song was your mom, and you  had to wait until she finished up at school before you two could go home.  So whoever who managed to snag a spot in after school detention automatically ticked you off.  That meant you had to sit there and either do your homework or either twiddle your thumbs while your mom made you watch over some of the delinquents while she ran copies of assignments for the next day's lessons.  

Today it was Yuta.  It was only the third day of senior year, and this idiot had done the exact opposite of what was written in the syllabus, scoring him a spot in detention.  You collapsed in one of the spinning chairs with the cushioned back while your mom walked in, her heels intimidatingly clicking against the floors. 

"Y/N, I have the teacher's meeting today until four, so can you watch over detention for me today?  Should be easy.  It's just him," your mom gestured at Yuta, and you sighed.

Just the troublemaker you'd steered clear of since the beginning of high school you thought with a sarcastic smile as Mrs. Song left, the room, closing the door behind her.

"Don't you dare try anything," you told Yuta while you moved to your mom's desk in the front of the room, laying your head down.  It just so happened you had an awful, mind-splitting headache, and the only way you could deal with it was to maybe just close your eyes for a minute or two to ease the pain.

Yuta was playing some game on his phone when suddenly he heard soft snoring coming from the front of the room, and he looked up to see you fast asleep.  Your light jacket was laying close by, and he walked over to you, draping your jacket over your shoulders before glancing at his watch.  It was 3:30.  Detention was over.  But he didn't feel like waking you up, so he just grabbed his things and left.  

At 4, your mom walked in, shaking you awake, startling you so bad, you fell out of the chair.  "I told you not to try anything," you said sternly and then clamped a hand over your mouth when you realized your mom was standing in front of you.  "Sorry, um, I thought you were Yuta.  Let's go home.  I need some Tylenol for my headache."

As you were picking up your backpack, you noticed a small sticky note attached to the handle.  

    Don't worry.  I stayed back until 3:30.  -NY

You raised an eyebrow before crumpling the sticky note and tossing it in the trash.

The next day, Yuta acted up again.  He threw a paper plane across the classroom, hitting a student in the side of the face, but it was harmless.  Still, it didn't fly by your mom.

"Nakamoto Yuta!  I will see you again in detention!"

So that's how it went just about every day for about two weeks.  One Wednesday, your mom had to go to another teacher's meeting, leaving you alone with Yuta, once again, and you lay your head down, as usual, knowing he probably wouldn't run anywhere.

"Why?" you suddenly asked.  "Why do you keep causing trouble?"

Yuta stood up from his desk, slowly walking over to you.  "Hmm?  What'd you say?"

"I said why do you keep getting yourself into trouble?" you asked, swallowing the lump forming in the back of your throat.  Yuta was standing right in front of you now, and you'd be lying if you said he wasn't good looking.  In fact, you had always found him good looking, but his bad boy/troublemaker personality made you scared to like him.  

"I get myself into trouble to spend time with you," Yuta said in a low voice, taking your hand in his and leading you to the back of the class room where he sat you on top of one of the desks.  "I always did things to get your attention, but it only started to work this year now that your mom's our teacher."

"Wait."  You tried to process what he was saying.  "Yuta-"

"Mhmm?" 

You felt your cheeks heat up.  "Yuta, you didn't have to do all that.  Um, you could have just told me." 

"Could I have?"  Yuta was now so close that your foreheads nearly brushed together.  "Could I have just told you, Y/N?"

You nodded as he closed the gap, softly pressing his lips onto yours, which surprised you because that clashed with his rough image.  He wrapped one hand around your waist, tangling his fingers in your silky hair.  

"Yuta," you whispered, "promise me you won't get detention anymore.  Okay?"

The boy nodded.  "Of course.  Say, why don't we hang out tomorrow afternoon.  We'll actually have time to like grab an ice cream, or something, because I won't be in detention."

You winked.  "Sounds like a plan.  My mom will be thrilled," and Yuta's eyes widened.

"She's never going to approve.  She'll put you in detention, too."

"Well, then I guess you'll have to be bad boy Yuta all over again, so then we can both be in detention together."