Soulmates (Haechan)

A/N: This is a soulmate AU where your soulmate's first words appear on your body in the form of a tattoo, so keep that in mind while reading and enjoy!! :)

---

"Love is so overrated," Haechan grumbled as he watched you ogle at the group of guys leaving the coffee shop.  "If you stare any harder, your eyes are gonna pop out of your head."

"Why?  Are you jealous?" you smirked, leaning over the counter.  "Come on, there's nothing wrong with a little eye candy."

Haechan smiled while playfully rolling his eyes.  The two of you had been best friends since high school, and together, you had survived university and were now working part-time jobs to make some money before heading into the real world.  You would be attending medical school, and Haechan would be joining an entertainment company to work as a reporter.

And to save money, you two stayed in the same apartment- two separate rooms, of course.  You weren't trying to get that close.  You slid on the back of Haechan's motorcycle, platonically wrapping your arms around his waist as he zigzagged through the streets to your place.  It was days like these both of you lived for.  There was nothing weighing you down, and the two of you had each other's backs no matter what.

Haechan unlocked the front door, and you flung yourself on the sofa.

"Wanna watch that new K-drama that's airing?" you asked.

Haechan smiled weakly.  "Why don't you wash up first, and I'll make some hot chocolate, and we can binge.  Your convenience store shift is at 11 tomorrow, so if we sleep at 2 AM, that's 8 hours of sleep and 1 hour to get ready.  Sound good?"

"This is why I love you," you winked.  You grabbed a clean towel from the laundry drying rack and slipped into the bathroom.

Twisting the faucet, you smiled as the hot water spurted out.  Warm showers and comfy pajamas with a steaming cup of hot cocoa was your favorite combination.  Of course, that setting wouldn't be complete without Haechan. 

As you stepped under the water and let it cascade down you, you suddenly felt a burning sensation, and you pushed the water faucet onto the cold side, but your side felt like it was on fire.  Quickly, you turned off the water and twisted to see what was causing so much pain, and you lost balance.

Haechan heard the crash from the living room and rushed to the bathroom to pound on the door and ask if you were alright.

"Y/N?  You good?"

There was no answer, and Haechan's nerves started to get the best of him.

"Do I need to come in?"

"DON'T!  DON'T HELP ME.  I JUST SLIPPED.  I'M OKAY!"  But the truth was you were not okay.  As you stared at your side in the mirror, tears welled up in your eyes.  There it was.  The first words your soulmate had said to you were now inked on your  body.  You had been waiting for this day but dreading it so much, but now here they were.

A six pack is too heavy for me, so I only carry one around...  Those were the words in small cursive etched into your side.  

"Wait, but that's what Haechan said to me when we first met-"

You clasped a hand over your mouth and stumbled backwards.  Did this mean the goof you felt like you had known all your life was your soulmate?  Tears pooled at the edges of your eyes, and you thought back to the countless times you had laid in bed and thought about your relationship with your best friend.  Haechan had always been there for you despite his seemingly cold personality.