24."Misunderstandings"

next morning

Sun is up, bright and energetic.
The white see through curtains are closed, but unable to block the early morning light from entering the bedroom. Warm layers of yellowish sunlight enter through the small window, falling directly on the floor and expanding until they reach them on the narrow bed.

riing

The sound of his phone ringing immediately wakes Baekhyun from his peaceful sleep. It only took a second for his eyes to adjust to the light and look around for his phone. He quickly picks it up before making any more noise and wake Ji Young up.

"Yoboseyo?" he whispers to the phone and the person on the other line sounds confused as they speak.

"Baekhyun-ah, where are you?"

"Chanyeol?!" Baekhyun gasps, hardly managing to keep his voice low, shocked. He looks at Ji Young sleeping quietly next to him, his heart races.

"Uh. Where are you?"

"What's wrong?"  He quickly tries to avoid his question.

"Um, did you hear about Sehun's-"

"Uh. Ara"

Chanyeol on  the other line sighs in sadness.

"It's too bad. Did you talk to Sehun?"

"No. I mean not since yesterday. Did you?" Baekhyun's whispering becomes even lower as he sees Ji Young frowning in her sleep, probably noticing his voice.

"Junmyeon Hyung did. He said that he's going to the funeral now. Man..."

"Yeah" Baekhyun then tries to end the call "I'll be at the dorm in a few, we'll talk then"

"Alright then"

"Baekhyun?" Ji Young suddenly opens her eyes, she lifts her head from the pillow "Who is it?"

"Shh!" Baekhyun quickly covers her mouth with his free hand, his wide open eyes staring right at hers.

Chanyeol one the other line whistles, teasingly
"Ohh~ Baekhyun-ah~~"

"Shut up Yeol. I'll be there" Baekhyun quickly ends the call and uncovers Ji Young's mouth "Mian"

"Was it-"

"Chanyeol. Yeah" he lays down on his back, sighing "I hope he didn't recognize your voice"

Ji Young sits up on the bed, worrying already "If he did... it'll be so bad"

"But he didn't seem to recognize you though. So don't worry" he also sits up and chuckles at her "You look so cute right now"

Ji Young shoots him a glare. Her hair is tangled and her lips are swollen from the long sleep "Are you making fun of me?"

"Ani!" Baekhyun laughs and she crosses her arms, offended "You don't look better yourself, sleeping beauty"

Baekhyun realizes that she's referring to his hair and he quickly runs his fingers through it, laughing more "It really was a compliment!"

"Yeah sure" She frowns and stands up "You're staying for breakfast? It's pretty early and Minji's never awake at this hour"

"I can't. I have to get back to the dorm" he kindly denies her offer and also leaves the bed. He stretches his arms, yawning "Where's the bathroom?"