Chapter 48: Welcome Back! Ash vs Agatha

Start from the beginning

Ash grinned at those words, feeling they were just the motivation he needed to get back to Lumiose with a renewed energy. "We've got some tough opponents in our way, but we'll beat them all, right Pikachu?" he asked, looking up to his partner.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed, pumping his little fist.

"I'd love to see you battle that trainer with the Mega Scizor!" Kiawe said, somewhat dramatically, looking up as though imagining the scene in front of him. "That sounds like it would be quite the fight."

"I'd love to visit, too!" Lillie said excitedly, her Vulpix crying out in agreement. "I wonder if my mother..." she trailed off, looking embarrassed by whatever she was going to say.

Nobody seemed to notice, Mallow and Lana simply nodding in agreement about wanting to go as well. "Or maybe Ash can come and visit us again!" Sophocles suggested, looking hopefully to Ash.

Ash just smiled, a little unsure of what to say. He definitely still wanted to see more of Alola, and the Trials he'd heard about sounded very intriguing. There's so much more to do in the world. There's so much more to see and explore.

"Well, we can't pester Ash too much about what's to come," Hala finally said, as he looked over towards the airport entrance. "I expect you'll need to board fairly soon."

Ash nodded, sighing as he looked to his new group of friends again. He was excited to see his friends back in Kalos, but he did hope he could see his Alolan friends again someday soon. "Good luck with the rest of your semester, guys. And keep training hard!"

He was surrounded suddenly, his friends making sure to hug and high five him, along with Pikachu. They promised to support him in whatever way they could for his future IPL matches, and to do what they could in finding more about Greninja. He then shook hands with both Hala and Kukui, before kneeling down to say goodbye to Rockruff.

"Well, Rockruff, you've been a great friend since we've been here. I'm gonna miss you." Pikachu murmured his agreement, while Rockruff looked up, glancing at a smiling Kukui, before narrowing his eyes in what appeared to be a determined look.

"Ruff!" he barked out, standing up on two legs briefly to lick Ash's face.

Ash laughed, petting the Puppy Pokemon one last time before standing up, and turning around. As he walked towards the doors to enter the airport, he took one last look back, waving to his friends as he did so. Then, he entered, hearing a soft bark that he imagined was right behind him, as he left his Alolan friends to return to Kalos.

Serena could feel her eyelids getting heavy as the class went on, the exhaustion of the week's classes and training finally taking their toll on her. It wasn't that she wasn't interested, the teacher, a Pokemon reporter named Alexa, giving a very interesting lesson for her new history class. Serena simply had a lot more on her mind, and had been working hard since the semester started up again.

The sound of deep breathing next to her alerted her to another student having fallen asleep, and Serena just wished she would be able to stop herself from doing the same. Fortunately, Shauna was at her other side, taking notes by writing fairly loudly, as though forcing herself to stay awake that way. It was more than Serena could manage at the moment, though.

She focused as hard as she could for the final few minutes of the class, however, and then Alexa began to wind down the lesson. "And so," she said, pointing to a picture she had projected onto a screen, of a statue of a young man, "Jan attempted to defeat Yveltal. Unfortunately, it ended with his defeat." She looked at the clock in the room and clicked the projector off. "We'll continue this story next week. Have a good weekend!"