Chapter 45: Alola!

Author's Note:

Dinosaurs roamed the earth the last time a chapter was published. I apologize...again. Seems like I do that a lot. I'll be honest, though. I've really come to dread writing Lumiose University whenever it comes to writing it. It seems like it takes hours just to get a paragraph done. It's a variety of things, but as it's gone on, it's just been harder and harder to write. I'm not one to give up, though, just as our favourite protagonist wouldn't. That's why...I'm making a final push to get this damn story done. There are approximately 32 chapters left (might add one, might remove one, so not sure exactly). I'm writing, writing and writing some more. I want to finish this damn story, and I think I can do it, but the longer it drags, the worse the results will be. I'm aiming to finish 2 to 3 each week (a few – 6 – are done already) and then at some point I'll publish a bunch. I won't be publishing over the next month and a bit, but after that, LU should be getting a bunch of updates if everything's gone as planned. I'm gonna do this...

Anyway, I love you all for reading, and I'm gonna do my best to make this enjoyable for everyone. We might as well get to the actual story. Last couple of chapters involved Ash setting off for Alola after a battle with Kukui, and before this we had Serena's chapter where she battled Astrid and heard a rumour about a Mega Stone. Ugh...I barely remember this stuff. Anyway, this chapter is all Ash arriving in Alola so...an appropriate title I guess. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 45: Alola!

The first thing that Ash noticed about Alola were the beaches. His face was pressed up against the window of the plane, eagerly watching as the new region appeared below him. As the plane descended, he could see more and more, and he could barely contain his excitement. He could hear Professor Oak and his cousin discussing some possibilities about the differing Pokemon as they too looked out, but Ash was simply interested in spotting the first of the many different Pokemon that would likely be here.

"We are now descending towards Hau'oli City," the voice of the pilot spoke out through the plane. "Please fasten your seat belts and put your seats in the upright position. We thank you for flying Pidgeot Airlines and hope you enjoy your stay in the lovely Alola region, where we appear to have clear and sunny skies for everyone to have a great day at the beach!"

Ash was so excited listening to the announcement that his mother and Pikachu had to shake him a few times to get him to clip on his seat belt. Then, as the plane approached the island, Ash leaned close to the window again, seeing the rows of houses along the beach, and the people surfing the waves, along with the many shops and cafes along the streets. It was similar to some of the coastal places in the Hoenn region and around the Orange Islands, but Ash could sense something special about Alola. Feeling Greninja's pokeball shake from his belt, he was sure the Ninja Pokemon could sense it too.

When the plane landed, taking forever in Ash's mind to come to a stop and allow for disembarkation, the passengers all got up quickly, collecting their bags and other personal belongings. Ash was shaking with excitement as he and the others moved towards the exit. As they exited, he embraced the feeling of the hot Alolan sun and the cool breeze from the ocean, hearing a couple of Wingull calling out from the air.

"This place is awesome!" Ash said, as Professor Kukui and Samson Oak led the way through the airport.

"All you've seen is the airport, Ash!" Professor Oak said, laughing as Ash stared wide-eyed at a poster for some kind of battle event called "Battle Royal" with a masked man and an Incineroar flexing their muscles on it in the centre of a ring.

"And it's an awesome airport!" Ash yelled back as he ran forward to have a look around, seeing a few people walking around with Pokemon that were completely new to him. He saw what he knew to be a Litten with an older woman, and some kind of small pink and black bear-like Pokemon in someone's arms, and the further he went, the more excited he got as he saw even more. "Isn't this great, Pikachu and Riolu?" he said, looking up to the Pokemon on his shoulders.