Chapter 37: Eggsams

Author's Note:

Bonjour I am back! Hope everyone had a good holiday season...didn't want this to be left so long, but things were hectic, so sorry about that. Also had those oneshots come out, which admittedly probably could've been timed better, but what's done is done. We're good to go now, though.

Might as well get onto the chapter, and this one is a little bit of a breather...except for one part I suppose. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 37: Eggsams

"Can you show it to us again, Ash?" Shauna pleaded, leaning forward excitedly across the breakfast table they were all sitting at.

As the others around the table nodded, appearing just as excited, Ash pulled out the small box he'd put his new Key Stone in, the same one that held the ribbon he'd won in Coumarine City, and held the shiny stone up. He carefully passed it over to Shauna, while Tierno and Trevor looked at it from either side.

"It looks the same as yours, Trevs," Tierno pointed out, looking longingly at the stone, obviously still wishing that he'd managed to win the tournament. "I thought it would be a little different."

"It's the Mega Stone that would be different," Trevor told him, carefully taking the Key Stone from Shauna and looking at it, holding it up to his own which was on his camera. "As far as I know, a Key Stone will look the same as any other. The Mega Stone will be different depending on which Pokemon it works with." At that, he looked over to Ash, handing the stone over to Serena, who looked thoughtfully at the stone. "I guess you'll need to find a Mega Stone now, huh Ash? You have a few Pokemon that can mega evolve, right?"

Ash shrugged, looking up at Pikachu, who stared back curiously from his shoulder. "I do have a Charizard," he said, looking back at Trevor, the photographer's eyes lighting up in excitement at that. "There's also Sceptile...and if Gible ever evolves...I'm not really sure of all the Pokemon that can mega evolve," he admitted, smiling sheepishly.

"Maybe if your Riolu evolves, you can use it with him?" Clemont suggested, looking over at Serena as she showed the stone to the baby fighting type, while Absol peered closely at it, out of his pokeball while he ate his own breakfast.

"That'd be awesome, wouldn't it Serena?!" Ash exclaimed, immediately liking that idea, his eyes lighting up as he looked over to the Performer. "That would be good for either performances or battles. Maybe you can ask Korrina about it, Clemont?" he suggested, turning back to the inventor.

Clemont's face went bright red at that, immediately looking down at his food and avoiding eye contact with anyone at the table. "Wh-why would you...how would I...I don't..."

"Don't you call her, like, all the time?" Shauna teased, smirking over at him, holding up Skitty as it meowed in agreement.

"No I don't!" Clemont seemed to squeak, his voice surprisingly high pitched. He managed to recover, though, taking a deep breath and looking back at Ash. "If...if I do end up talking to her, I'll ask her about it."

"Cool, thanks Clemont!" Ash said, giving a thumbs up and looking over to Serena as she handed the stone over to Dawn, who was in the process of giving her Spewpa its food.

"You'll be really tough to beat if you've got Greninja and a mega Pokemon with you," Serena laughed out, Riolu looking curious next to her.

Ash didn't really know how to think about that, knowing that it would definitely change things for him in a big battle. Part of him was excited about the thought, knowing that if he had that kind of firepower, he might very well be able to fare better against opponents like Alain or Anton with their Mega Charizard or Mega Scizor. Then again, he'd defeated a Mega Lucario with Pikachu, a Mega Absol with Hawlucha, and Greninja had defeated a couple mega evolved Pokemon in his special form. The challenge was sometimes what brought out the best in him and his Pokemon.