Chapter 15: The Lumiose Luxrays

Author's Note: (I'll just put the same author's note on FanFiction and Wattpad. Easier for everyone)

I apologize...the holidays were much busier than expected. Anyways, I think I'll have a decent amount of time this week. I will talk more on that down below, though. For now, we continue the tryouts for the Lumiose University Battle and Performance teams!

Chapter 15: The Lumiose Luxrays

"Luxray, finish up with Wild Charge!" Clemont yelled, already punching the air in triumph as he watched the Gleam Eyes Pokemon charge towards his opponent, electricity crackling along his body. Luxray roared loudly just as he reached the Typhlosion in front of him. The latter was thrown back, flying through the air before crashing into the ground in front of its trainer.

"Typhlosion is unable to battle!" the referee declared, holding an arm up towards Clemont. "Luxray and Clemont are the winners! With a perfect record, Clemont qualifies for the Lumiose University Battle Team!"

"Yeah!" Tierno and Dawn cheered from their spot at the sidelines. "Go Clemont!" they shouted, seemingly irritating a purple-haired man next to them, who got up quickly and departed.

Clemont waved over to them to acknowledge their support, and then quickly made his way over to Luxray, giving a quick nod to his departing opponent as he did so. "Luxray, you were awesome!"

"Lux," Luxray acknowledged, giving his trainer a small nod as he breathed heavily, clearly a little tired after his battle.

"Why don't you take a rest? You deserve it," Clemont said, pulling out his pokeball and recalling the Gleam Eyes Pokemon as it nodded gratefully. "Thanks," Clemont whispered, as he put the pokeball away, while Dawn and Tierno came up behind him. He stood up, turning around to meet them, smiling as he saw the joy on their faces.

"I guess we knew you were going to make it, but it's still a relief to see it happen officially," Dawn said, smiling, but showing the remains of her nerves in her somewhat shaky breathing. "With you and Trevor in, now it's just Ash. I hope he's doing well."

"You didn't have to watch my battle, you know," Clemont told the two as they began to make their way out towards the lobby to head over to where Ash's battle was. "I know you guys were friends before coming here."

"It's fine, buddy," Tierno said happily, putting his arm around Clemont's shoulder while they walked. "Trevs wanted to watch Ash and I guess Serena and Shauna did too, so we couldn't let you be alone. Besides, seeing a top notch Gym Leader in action is a good experience. Even for a future Top Coordinator like me."

"Yeah, and it was a good battle," Dawn added, laughing a little at Tierno's comment, while Clemont managed to squirm away from his heavy arm. "I'm sure Serena and the others had Ash's back, too."

As they stepped into the lobby and made their way to the battlefield Ash was in, Clemont could hear some cheers from the crowd inside. "I guess they still do. Sounds like it's still going on." Dawn and Tierno nodded excitedly, clearly happy they'd get to catch a bit of Ash's match, and the three trainers quickly made their way inside, seeing Ash and Pikachu in front of them when they entered, while Greninja was in the middle of the battlefield, striking a Breloom in the chest with a Cut attack.

Clemont winced as he saw the Breloom get thrown backwards, landing hard on the ground but somehow managing to rise to its feet. It had clearly been taking a beating, while Greninja looked like he could've just gotten out of the Pokemon Centre. "Water Shuriken!" Ash suddenly yelled, mimicking Greninja's actions as the frog-ninja Pokemon put his webbed hands together at his hip, bent low, and then threw the watery ninja star forward. Clemont watched closely as the attack struck Breloom hard, once again in the chest, sending it to the ground again. This time, it didn't get up.