Chapter 11: Double Trouble

Clemont, Ash and Serena were all sitting at the back of the class as they listened to their teacher, a man Ash apparently knew quite well, Reggie, lecture about the kinds of facilities needed in order to be a Pokemon breeder. It had been quite a long lecture so far, and despite the fact that they'd all had a friendly conversation with Reggie before class, the three trainers were beginning to get restless. Clemont could see that Ash in particular, looked about ready to run out of the class screaming. He was probably only holding back so he wouldn't embarrass his friends, and because he wanted to support Reggie, his friend and now teacher.

The first day had gone fairly well for Clemont and his group of friends. While they'd all been pretty tired the night before, after a trip to the training facilities once their classes had finished, they'd all seemed to enjoy their first days. Ash had been pretty excited about his Levels and Experience class, a class that Clemont, Trevor and Tierno also had this semester, and he'd been particularly excited about the Pokemon they'd be receiving for the class. Clemont was looking forward to that as well, as were many others, but he was just hoping he'd get a Pokemon that got along with his others and wanted to be there.

The other classes that everyone had on the first day had seemed to be fairly successful as well. Dawn, Shauna and Tierno had expressed that the Breeding class was a bit slow at first, as Clemont, Ash and Serena were finding now, but that Reggie seemed to know his stuff and that the class looked promising. Serena and Shauna had also been quite excited about their Grooming class, which was apparently taught by another Pokemon Breeder. From what they had said, it wasn't all about making a Pokemon flashy, but bringing out their "inner beauty" and "inner strength". Ash had mentioned that he'd met the teacher for that class as well, Suzie Yuki, and that her grooming techniques were useful for battling as well, and that it would definitely come in handy for Performances and Contests.

While the first day had gone fairly well, Clemont could already feel the exhaustion coming for them all. Waking up, preparing for classes and running around the campus was a unique and interesting experience on day one, but he wondered what that was going to be like when they had assignments coming at them from all their classes. He was just hoping that they'd get to do more activities involving Pokemon, rather than lectures. He was happy to learn from lectures, which was why he was here, but much like the somewhat bored Ash and Serena next to him, he was already restless and ready to start training.

"And I think that wraps things up for this class," Reggie suddenly said snapping Clemont back to attention. He was a little surprised with himself. He didn't think his mind would wander off like that. "I'll see you all on Thursday. And don't worry, it'll be a bit more interesting than learning about breeding facilities."

As all the students started filing out of the class, and Clemont and his friends were putting their things away, Reggie approached, an amused look on his face. "Well, you three looked a little...unenthusiastic with that lecture. Hopefully you aren't too bored with this class already?"

"I think we're just a bit tired. That first day was fun, but a lot seems to be going on," Serena told him, glancing down and looking a little apologetic. "Sorry if it looked like I wasn't interested. I was paying attention."

"Yeah, so was I," Ash assured everyone. "Um...there's that egg machine you were talking about. The inklebater or something like that."

Reggie laughed, looking unsurprised with Ash's comment. "The incubator," he quickly corrected. "And don't worry, I know you three will be great students. At least, I know Ash will, and if you two," he nodded to Serena and then Clemont, "are his friends, I'm just as confident about you as well."

"Why are you so confident about me?" Ash asked, looking perplexed. "I made Nurse Joy mad within a minute of our Pokemon Health class. I think I ruined some of the things in my first aid kit, too. She's probably not going to be too happy tomorrow."