Carlisle let out a chuckle from the end of the table as he watched his children giggle over Alice's joke. Eyes sweeping over the couple he couldn't help but let a smile form on his lips as he witnessed the lovestruck look on his son's face.

***

  Jake's bike came to a hasty stop, the wolf lifting himself off and trudging around the house towards the back. The sound of cutting wood caught his attention and he made his way towards the working Chief.

  Charlie heard the sound of footsteps and glanced towards to approaching teen. "Hey" he greeted, "you heard anything?"

  Jake let out a sigh as he got closer, heart pounding so loud he was afraid Charlie could actually hear it. "Charlie" he gulped, eyes dancing around the area unable to look at the older man. "Bella is..." he nervously licked his lips, "uh..

  Charlie stared at the kid, throat tightening as he watched him stutter over his words. He hastily shook his head before Jacob could even attempt to finish, "no, she's not" he denied.

  "No, no, no, I mean, she's fine" Jake exclaimed, "she's back home and she's feeling better." Bella was gonna kill him. I'm so dead.

  Charlie let out a breath as he covered his eyes in relief, heart slowing from it's painful pounding as a new relief flooded through him. "Why didn't you say so" he smiled, "that's great." He smacked Jake's shoulder as he went to step around him.

  "Wait" Jake called, capturing Charlie's attention again and turning to face him. "There's something you need to see first" mouth working faster than his brain at this point, he began spewing words without thinking.

  Charlie pointed behind him, "I need to see Bella" he countered before turning back.

  "Look" Jake pleaded, "in order for Bella to get better, she had to.." he looked away from Charlie's impatient eyes, "change."

  Charlie threw his hands up in confusion, "what do you mean, "change"?"

  The shifter pursed his lips as he contemplated his next words, unable to think of anything he decided to take off his jacket.  "Here goes nothing" he sighed.

  "What the hell are you doing" Charlie asked, eyeing the younger boy with obvious confusion.

  "You don't live in the world you think you do" Jake informed, hands gripping the bottom of his long sleeve and lifting it over his head revealing his naked abdomen.

  "Jacob" Charlie cautioned, "put your clothes on." He shook his head and attempted to leave but was stopped once again.

  Jake quickly slid his boots off, socks going along with them. "Now this may seem strange" he warned, "really strange. But.." he began unbuttoning his pants earning a startled look from Charlie. "Stranger things happen every day" he revealed, "trust me."

  Charlie blinked a few times before quickly turning away as Jacob fully removed his pants leaving him butt ass naked in his backyard. He heard a weird sound and hesitantly looked over, eyes widening as he watched the boy he knew his whole life transform into a large wolf right in front of him. "Holy shit" Charlie yelled, letting out a loud grunt as he fell backwards when Jake's russet wolf landed a few inches away from him.