I Could Fall In Love..2..

"Jazmyne? Jazz?!" Teyonna yells at me from off stage. "Jazmyne!"

"Huh?! Oww! Oh." I exclaim as she pinches me.

Oh my gosh.

When I snap back to reality, I see the audience is staring back at me.

I nervously giggle and wave to them.

Was I seriously standing on this stage staring at the mysterious man in the back like an IDIOT!?

Embarrassed, I run off the stage, and Teyonna runs after me.

How long had I been staring at him?

It was obviously a long time, because Teyonna had to pinch me to get my attention.

"Jazz, what or who were you staring at?" She asks when we're backstage.

"Nobody." I lie, thinking of the mystery man in the back.

"You were obviously staring at something, because I was calling your name for like a minute and a half." She states as we walk into our dressing room.

Dionne's already changed out of her blue sequined dress from the performance.

She's sitting, reading something, when we walk in.

"Really?" I ask, walking over to my mirror.

"Yeah, so what were you staring at?" Teyonna presses again.

As I turn to tell Teyonna about the mysterious man in the corner, Mr. Charles walks in.

"That was an incredible performance girls!" He exclaims, smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks!" We all smile in unison.

"And Jazmyne, your performance was excellent." He smiles, walking over to me and Dionne rolls her eyes. "You sang and performed that song as if you had been here for sound check."

He winks at me as I playfully roll my eyes.

"Yeah, she did perform as if she was on time, didn't she?" Dionne jokes, nudging me in the arm.

"Ha. Ha. Whatever, guys." I mock laugh, turning around to face the mirror again.

I take my hair out of its ponytail holder and start brushing it as Mr. Charles starts talking again.

"Girls, I invited someone to see your performance tonight, and he would like to meet you three now. Is that okay? Can I bring him back?"

"Yeah, it's fine, bring him in." Teyonna nonchalantly says as she applies more lip gloss.

"Yeah." Dionne agrees, looking down at her fingernails.

I don't even bother answering or turning around, because I'm too busy trying to get all of this damn glitter off of me.

Ugh!

I hate glitter!

The only reason Teyonna and I wear it is to please Dionne.

She's the only one who likes this mess.

"Okay, I'll go get him. I'll be right back." Mr.Charles smiles as he walks out of the dressing room. "I'll be right back."

"Who do you think it is?" Dionne excitedly asks Teyonna and me as the door closes.

I don't answer her, because I'm still too busy looking down at my chest trying to remove some more of this stupid ass glitter.

"I don't know," Teyonna shrugs. "probably one of Mr. Charles old crooning buddies."

Mr. Charles was in a doo-wop group back in the early 1960's, but the group never got off the ground.