Chapter 51 - We are endgame

Dylan and Peter come with us to the Groningen Central Station to say goodbye and I'm the last.

"I hope you will come to live in my country, blondie!" Dylan hugs me and I'm already crying.

"Wait for me because I promise I will."

"I want to see you again," he says.

He moves away from me, and I look at Peter who is behind him, crying.

I take a few steps towards him and wrap my arms around him. He holds me tightly and lifts me off the floor. Then I approach my face and taste him one last time.

I close my eyes and enjoy these seconds; I need to remember this. I need to remember what happiness is like. Because I want to go back and I will go back.

"See you soon, Nutty. Be good." We stand face to face.

"You too."

"I'm gonna miss you so much."

"And I'm gonna miss you." I throw myself at his arms and squeeze him hard again, inhaling his scent as much as I can. He squeezes me back.

"Kelly, we have to go or we'll miss our flight," yells David who is in front of the train waiting for me.

I take Peter's hand and don't want to let go. Do I still have time to go back on my decision? Am I still in time to give up everything and just be with him?

My fingers intertwine with his. This delicious feeling that I won't feel again anytime soon.

I slowly let go of Peter and start holding my two bags. We exchange a last look, and don't say another word.

Me and my friends enter the train and I stand at the door looking at him. He's still standing on the same spot, until the doors close.

I know this won't be the last time I see him. It can't be. I leave my bags next to David, Becky, and Hardin, and go to the window. I wave at him, and he waves back. Then I watch him become smaller and smaller as the train departs. The anxiety in my chest grows.

As soon as I get to Amsterdam, I already have a text from Peter.

Peter: I should have packed while you were still here to help me. I'm having a hard time with this mess.

I smile at my phone and start replying to him.

And so Netherlands becomes a part of my past. This place where I was so happy, that took me in so fondly. I arrived completely alone and lost, but leave with my heart full, with new friends, and a love that'll last a lifetime.