Chapter 35 - Game On

"Take a sit. I'm just going to the bathroom,"  I say as I close my studio door.

"Alright," Hardin replies.

Peter will not ruin my night. I'm going to relax and smoke some pot. I'm not sure why, but Hardin is the only person who sometimes makes me forget Peter, even if it's just for a few moments. His company is so comforting.

As I leave the bathroom, Hardin's already preparing the joint.

"You always do that. I wanted to do it today." I sit next to him. "Give me the stuff and I'll roll it. Get us a shot of vodka or scotch, okay?"

"Fine by me." He smiles.

Then he passes me the stuff and gets up. I start rolling the weed Hardin had grinded. After a few minutes he returns with the drinks.

I light the joint and take a drag while staring at Hardin. He's taking a sip of his drink. After that, his green eyes meet mine and I feel something jumping inside me.

I place the joint on the ashtray, and my glass on the ground.

Then I climb on his lap and place one leg to each of his sides. I grab his glass and place it on the arm of the couch, and he offers no resistance.

I study his face, and he studies mine. He always has a neutral expression. My hand pet his face. My skin touches his. I gently run my fingers through his beard.  Peter doesn't have a beard. And I don't feel what I feel with Peter, the intensity that consumes me. 

It's something different, but it feels good.

"Kelly... what are you doing?" He raises his eyebrows.

I kiss his face, letting my lips linger on his skin.

"Kelly, don't do that."

I pull away and look him in the eye, my face too close to his. I can feel his warm breath on my skin.

I slowly approach my lips from his and press them against him. His lips part and we start tasting each other. He places his hands on my hips, sliding them to my thighs. His familiar taste has a hint of whiskey and I feel myself warming up.

Then he pushes me away.

"I don't know if this is a good idea, seriously." He lets go of me and gets up. Hardin runs his hand through his almost nonexistent hair.

Wow, I made Hardin nervous. I like it.

"Why not?" I ask.

"You still care about Peter and he cares about you. I don't want to get between you. I've told you this." He looks at me very seriously.

"Okay, I understand. You're right." I get up as well.

Since I'm a devil on fire, I feel like playing today. I take my socks and boots off and start my speech, "I don't know if you know, but when I was with you, we had a thing, Peter and I got together, and that's why I ended things with you," I continue, removing my overalls. "He didn't care about you when he was in bed with me, so I don't know why you do."

"We weren't in an actual relationship, and we didn't have any feelings for each other. Either way, I'm more worried about you than him. What are you doing?" Hardin says as he sits on the couch.

I pull my sweater and remove it. I'm in my underwear.

"You don't have to worry about me, Hardin. In truth, what I like about you the most is you not caring. There's no drama, you're straight to the point, fun, and I like that."

I sit on his lap again. I get my face close to his, rubbing my nose in his skin. I bite his lower lip and we start to kiss slowly. Hardin slides onto my neck and I keep my eyes closed. My heart is racing.

"Are you sure of this? You're super drunk and so am I. I still think this is not a good idea," he groans in my neck.

I take his drink and take a sip. Then I remove his shirt, caress his chest tattoos, and we look at each other.

"As if it's the first time we've been together."

I kiss his neck biting him and go up again to his lips. We keep kissing and he grabs my ass and pulls me closer.

His skin caresses on my skin. And is not the same.

I feel good with Hardin, but I can't feel what I feel with Peter. What will he be doing at the moment? Is he with Becky? Why am I thinking about him?

Why do I feel this is wrong? My body wants this, but my soul does not. My home is not here.

Do I keep this going or not? Will I go all the way with Hardin to get over Peter? 

I stop kissing him and look into his green eyes.

"Hardin, you're right. I don't think I can do this. My head's fucked." I get off his lap.

He starts laughing, and I laugh along with him. We laugh non-stop. Then he just says to me, "You're a crazy person and you're gonna drive me crazy too."

"Sorry."

He gets up and puts his t-shirt back on, and tosses me my sweater and overalls.

"Put your clothes back on," he commands and I obey.

"I told you this wasn't a good idea. Still, you understand that I can't deny sex with a beautiful and teaser girl. I'm not made of stone." He laughs.

"Of course." I feel myself blushing, my face is too hot.

"Are we still smoking this or not?" He picks up the joint from the ashtray.

"Yeah, you can light it up this time."

"It's the least you could do." He smiles and smile too.