Chapter 5 - What's wrong with me?

I open my eyes, and I am startled to see Peter close to my face looking at me. I get up immediately, sitting on the bed.

"What the fuck are you doing, you freak?" I ask and he gets up from the floor and walks away.

"There you are being rude again."

"Answer me!" I demand.

"Um, you had some hair on your face. Why do you always have a lock of hair on your face?"

"What?!" I ask in shock at his creepy observation.

He looks embarrassed and I feel sorry for him. But why? He was watching me sleep, so weird.

The truth is, I also behaved awkwardly around him.

"Where's Becky?" I ask.

"She went to shower."

"What time is it?" I look at my watch and it's 9AM. Becky, Peter and I stayed until morning analyzing economics articles. Apparently I fell asleep in Becky's bed. I get up from the bed and try to fix my hair in the mirror. Today it's slightly wavy, usually it's straight. Ugh, my face is terrible I need a coffee. "I have to go to my class."

"Yeah, me too..."

"So what are you still doing here?" I ask, turning to him. His eyes fix on mine and I forget how to breathe.

"I... was just waiting for you to wake up."

"Okay... I'm awake now."

The door opens and Becky enters the room, already dressed and with her light brown hair wet.

"I'm glad the two of you are still here. I already thanked Peter, and I wanted to thank you too. You guys are the best." She hugs me tightly and, I hold her too. "You two saved my life today."

"It was not a big deal! I'm leaving now, okay? I really have to go." I say embarrassed.

"Okay, Okay. Peter, are you going to stay? I'll prepare breakfast for you." Becky pulls away from me and looks at Peter.

"I have a class to go to...  but you know what? I'm staying. I'm too tired and I'm really hungry." He smiles at her.

"Cool." Becky smiles widely.

***

For some reason, I can't stop thinking about Peter during the whole class. Since when am I not going to try a guy if that's what I want to do? That guy has to be mine. I've decided already.

So I'm drawing out a plan. I'm back to the games, back to the same old Kelly. I thought I could hold it a little while longer when it comes to good behavior. But there has to be a way to do this without drama, without them seeing me for what I am.

Is he into me? If he's not, I need to attract him, but how? 

I also need to figure things out with Hardin, I don't want to create any friction within the group. And I didn't expect to like Hardin so much, and I feel bad about it. I never should have broken my one rule of not dating people in my group of friends. And yet, I'm looking to break it again with Peter.

How can I figure out this mess? I'm calling Júlia when I get home. She'll help me. I text her to get on Skype. She's as good as I am with this, or better.

"Hey sis! I've got my first Erasmus drama," I say to Júlia.

"Wow, coming from you I'm a little scared. Tell me it's nothing too serious."

"It's just that I met this new guy... and I want him all to myself."

"Oh, that's not so bad. That doesn't seem like a problem to me. When did this happen?" Júlia asks.