Chapter 21 - Reasonable?

Peter's two weeks of recovery are being wonderful. It's just the two of us, 24/7, and we get along great. Not one fight. I dare say I've never felt this happy in my life.

Our friends visit us a few times, except for Becky. She's probably not comfortable with coming here and I get it.

Marcus brings Peter his notes, and we studied together for our midterms. Then, we celebrate the end of midterms with a fancy meal at home and a nice bottle of wine.

Other than that, I am a full time carer, giving him his medication and preparing the meals. Although, he helps me as he can with the housework. We also showered together, slept holding each other really tight, make love, and watch TV shows.

Actually, I realize I'm becoming a little obsessed because every time I have to go somewhere without him, like shopping or going to class, I just want to come home and be with him. I've been refusing to go to parties, because I don't want to go anywhere. Taking care of him has been the best thing about my Erasmus experience.

Since Peter's here and I don't have a way to justify this to Júlia, nor do I want to, I've been avoiding her Skype calls. I want to explain this whole story when he's not here listening in. So, I text her every day and send her pictures of mundane things like meals, me studying, or TV shows that I've been watching.

As this two week period ends, Peter's not in pain anymore, and he's feeling much better, almost 100%. So, it's time for him to go back to his dorm. Even though I'm happy that he's okay, I'm sad that he's leaving and wish he'd stay.

Meanwhile, semester B classes have begun, and I only have two classes a week, I'm gonna have more free time when compared to first part of semester. But semester B is smaller.

Today I go to class and leave him by himself. As usual, the whole time I'm just looking at the clock and can't wait to go home and be with him again.

I also think this is anxiety because of an uncertain future and him leaving me. Now that everything's going great, I'm afraid of him leaving because things can become a mess again. But I know I'm just being paranoid.

This semester, I have my Wednesday class with Martina, and she's looking at me and noticing how anxious I look. I try to control myself so she doesn't ask questions, but to no avail.

"Everything okay with you and Peter?" she whispers in class.

"Yeah, everything's great." I try not to say much.

"He's feeling okay by now, from the accident?"

"Yeah, he's okay now."

"And is he gonna stay with you still, or going back to his place?"

"We haven't talked about that yet." I can't help but put the pen in my mouth and start chewing on it. "I'd like for him to stay, but that would be weird, wouldn't it?"

I know it would be weird for me to ask him to stay because it doesn't make sense for us to live together. But Peter's great company, keeps me in a good mood, is chatty, always has something to talk about, and fills the void I used to feel inside of me.

"It's not that weird. I spend many nights at Dylan's and he spends a lot of nights at my place. We almost never sleep apart from each other," she says while grabs a small lock of her black hair to curling it around her finger.

"Yeah, but him moving in would be weird. I think I'll wait for him to talk to me. I'm not bringing this up."

"Yeah, whenever he feels like talking about that with you, he will. Let things flow naturally. It would be weird for you to ask that to him."