Chapter 1 - Arrival

Warning: This is an erotic love story that contains mature content, explicit sexual descriptions, people using drugs and references to mental illnesses. Please do not proceed if you are - 18 or sensitive to these subjects.

I will not be warning you before each chapter.

***

It's the end of August, and the Netherlands is hotter than I expected it, although not as much as Lisbon. Still, when I step outside the train, I take off my jean jacket and walk around in my red crop top and jean shorts. 

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. It's like I can breathe better here. The power of new beginnings. I open my eyes. Everything seems lighter. 

This is going to be fun. It has to be. 

I stretch my body so that some of the tension is relieved. I've been sitting for a long time. The first thing I notice in my new city is the bicycle parking lot. Wow, I've never seen so many bikes together.

I look at my phone's GPS. I'm at Groningen Central Station and it's only a twenty three-minute walk from here until my international student house, Moesstraat 8. But since it'll be a hassle walking around with two bags, I decide to take a cab.

When I reach my dorm, my Student Manager helps me get my bags out of the car. The outside walls of my dorm are small stacked bricks, giving the building an orange look.

I take a quick look at my neighborhood. My dorm is in the middle of a street that seems to have no end on either side. On this street, the several short buildings and houses are right next to one another. And three house next door I have a large park.

"So you manage this dorm?" I ask him, as he starts showing me the main building facilities.

"Temporarily," he answered my question dryly. "This building has three floors, totaling twenty-nine rooms, a kitchen on each floor, and a laundry on the last floor. Your building is the smallest, because it's the one with the studio apartments. Shall we go?"

The tall blond boy speaks and walks very fast. He doesn't even look at me and doesn't ask me if I have questions.

This guy doesn't know how to treat a girl.

"Sure." I follow him to my building.

"Here we have a private garden." He points to it as we move from one building to another. "And this one it's your building, mostly a hallway with four studio apartments. Two on one side, two on the other. Your studio is number two. It's meant for two students or couples. Are you alone?"

The student manager finally looks at me.

"Yes, I enjoy having my little space."

"Okay, well, here are your keys, and some guidebooks and the dorm's rules." He hands me the keys and a bunch of papers.

"That's all?" I ask.

"Just a word of advice, you should go to ESN, Erasmus Student Network, is an organization that helps exchange students in terms of integration and adapting. They organize several events and gatherings throughout the year, and they will help you."

"Okay...Thank you." I could use some help in these first days.

"Next week will start the Introduction Week organized by them. It's several parties and activities for new international students."

"Where can I sign up for it?"

"All the information you need is on the papers. Good luck. I think you gonna like it here."