- another love

[word count: 481]

your hair, eyes, laugh, smile, personality, lips. klaus had thought everything about you was absolutely perfect. he could never comprehend it. he swore that you were a real, living, breathing angel walking upon this world, making all bad things turn to good.

he never wanted himself to but he had fallen in love with you. he loves every little thing about you. he tried to not fall for you but how could he not? that's asking him to do an impossible thing.

and today he'd realized that, he needs her. that's so selfish of him, he knew that but he can't help it. you make him a better person, even if he doesn't realize it, you do. you make him so happy, the happiest he has ever been. you have been there for him when he'd always need you.

making his way into the compound, he noticed you sitting on the couch digging your nose into some old book. as you saw him you closed the book and smiled at him. 'god she was so beautiful' he had thought.

"hey klaus" you said as you stood up off the couch.

"can we talk?" he asked looking into your e/c eyes. your smile started to fade at his tone before nodding and sitting back down, him following your lead.

"what's up?" you said quietly.

"for a while i've," he paused and you noticed him becoming slightly nervous making your eyebrows furrow in concern. 'would she even feel the same way?' he thought as he continue. "i've grown feelings for you. i need you, you make me a better person, y/n" he admitted looking back up at you. your eyes were slightly widened with your lips parted in suprise. and that's when the 3 words slid past his mouth.

"i love you, y/n" he finished, swallowing the lump in his throat. he watched you let out a shakey sigh as you felt your eyes begin to water.

"oh klaus" you whispered. you knew how rare it was for the hybrid to find love and grow feelings for someone like he had for you. and that hurt you more than anything.

"i," you stammered. "i love elijah, klaus" you let out as your voice slightly cracking. "i'm sorry" as a tear fell down your face, you got up and left the compound, leaving a speechless and heartbroken klaus. he could of sworn he heard his heart shatter into a million pieces. pieces so small they wouldn't be able to be put back together again as a whole like it once was before.

all the love he had for you; he knew he had never loved anyone as much as he had loved you.

and you didn't feel the same.

-

this is from a request back in march but i really liked the concept although this is so short >:(