- breakup makeout

[word count: 542]

you walked into the mikaelson's place taking a deep breath before plastering a big smile onto your face.

"happy birthday!" you said hugging rebekah tightly. she smiled at you. your eyes met klaus's from across the room. you quickly looked away. however after several minutes his stare was affecting you. you couldn't keep your smile intact for much longer.

"drinks! who needs drinks?!" you asked. rebekah grinned and kol tossed you the empty bottle of bourbon as a reply. you nearly ran out of the room glad for an escape. instead of getting drinks you found yourself walking upstairs to klaus' room.

you walked in, closing the door as you lay on his bed and curled yourself into a ball, hugging onto a pillow. your eyes closed, as you took tired breaths. your body went rigid as you felt klaus lay beside you, his hands snaking around your waist, his chin on your shoulder.

you listened to his breathing. it soothened you. you wanted to stay that way forever. safe. happy. with him.

"any chance davina can freeze this moment?" you asked wishfully. he smiled sadly.

"i wish it was that easy y/n, believe me." he sighed.

"i don't know how to not be with you. help me" you whispered. your hand was searching for his. he squeezed your hand seeing that you were trying to find his.

"y/n we can't be together. every enemy i have ever had wants to kill you. this cannot go on" he whispered. tears fell down your cheek.

"i'm not ready to say goodbye to what we have. stay with me" you said breathlessly. klaus spun you around so you were facing him.

"don't....just don't.." he begged.

"tell me i don't need you. that you don't need me. that you will be happy without me and i will be happy without you" you challenged him. your voice cracked and tear choked.

"how will you be without me by your side?" you asked him. he looked at you with a pained expression.

"damnit y/n" he muttered. his lips kissed your tears away. they then traveled to your lips. you sunk into the bed, your hands fumbling with his
t-shirt as he tore off your dress. his ragged breaths made your heart flutter. he tried to pull away.

"just......be with me. let time decide when i don't need you" you muttered against his lips. he gave you a defeated look, as his lips traveled to your neck. then he pulled away, turning away from you to stop himself from kissing you. you looked up at the ceiling, your eyes blurry with tears.

"so this is it?" you asked. he winced as he heard you sniffle back tears.

"it has to be y/n" he said softly, pleading for you to understand. you sat up, as did he. you gave a tired sigh as your arms snaked around his and you hugged him.

"i don't know how to say goodbye" you told him.

"don't say goodbye. it's too hard y/n. just go" he said. his eyes closed and you kissed him softly once more. this time you kissed his tears away. when he opened his eyes, you were gone.