- aurora

[word count: 1054]

you woke up and rubbed your neck as that it was sore. while you were at it you looked around and saw you were in a cabin. confused, you tried to sit up but then screamed in pain as you realized there was a wooden bullet soaked in vervain in your stomach. as well as a wooden stake in one of your thighs and another in your shoulder making sure you couldn't get up.

you heard an evil chuckle and then the door to the cabin opened then shut. you saw it was aurora. oh god kill me now.

"oh goodie you're awake!" she said out of excitement.

"what do you want with me?!" you say groaning in both pain and annoyance.

"i need you because nik loves you and would do anything for you. which means he will come and i need him to come so i can kill him" she told you. you laugh slightly.

"you won't kill klaus" you said with a slight smirk.

"yes i will and you can watch him die right in front of your eyes" she told you spitefully. you grew angry since she was being serious about hurting klaus so you tried to get up again but then she shot you again in the stomach. again, you screamed out in pain. she walked over to you and took your phone out of your pocket.

"w-what are you doing?" you slurred out.

"letting your boyfriend know about the situation." the line started to ring and you heard klaus answer the phone. you had no strength left to scream for help.

"y/n where are you? i was getting worried" you heard him say through the phone. aurora giggled.

"wrong person sorry"

"aurora i swear if you lay a hand on her i will kill you"

"oh oops i already have" she said as she walked toward you with the gun still in her hand. and again, she shot you with the gun but instead of the stomach she hit right by your heart but not in it. this hurt even more then the others. you screamed bloody murder. klaus obviously heard that.

"aurora stop hurting her! what do you want!!?"

"i need you to come down to my cabin maybe we can make a deal then."

"okay i'm on my way. do not hurt her any further" with that she hung up and placed the phone on the table.

"h-he's going to kill you" you said while gasping for air from all the pain you're in.

"not if i kill him first. now just to be safe" she shot you a couple more times all over your body except your heart. you immediately fell unconscious.

when you woke up but not awake awake you could hear what was going on but you were too weak to open your eyes. you knew that you were still where you were before you went unconscious. you heard klaus and aurora arguing outside. all you could do now is hope that aurora's plan will fail and klaus will find you and bring you to safety. moments later, you heard the door slam open.

"y/n" he sighed in relief and rushed over to you. seeing you were covered and soaking in blood his eyes widened. he gently pulled the two stakes out of you and picked you up gently. he opened the door back open and started. with any of strength left you had left you opened your eyes and saw you were still in the woods but nearing new orleans from all the lights bouncing off the darkness of the trees. you looked up to see klaus.

"k-klaus" you whimpered as a half-smile made it's way on your face.

"shhh. it's going to be okay. you're alright" he assured you as a tear ran down your face. you rested your head into the warmth of his chest. you felt safe knowing that you were in his arms. he would protect you no matter what. you were still in pain from all the wooden bullets so once in a while you would groan quietly.

-time jump uhh-

he softly layed you down on his warm bed. you could barley keep your eyes open now from how weak you were. he could see your pain from the bullets in your face.

"i-i'm so sorry, love. that i wasn't here to protect you. i would have never let her hurt you like this. i-" he stammered on before you interrupted him.

"i-it's okay klaus" you looked at eachother.

"i need to pull these out. it's going to hurt" he said as he swallowed.

"it's okay. do it please" you whispered, having no strength to continue talking.

it was a little harder getting them out since they were soaked in vervain, it was a painful process for both you and him but he had gotten them all out eventually. you took a few deep breaths as he finished getting them all out, being able to breathe better.

"here, you need this" he bit into his wrist and held it in infront of your mouth and you started drinking some hesitantly. you kept drinking until you thought you had enough. within seconds, all the holes in your skin from where the bullets were previously were all healed like nothing ever happened. he came into the bed next to you and you curled up next to him.

"i'm so so sorry love" he apologized again making you roll your eyes.

"it's okay klaus i forgive you. it isn't your fault" you reassured him the tenth time.

"well i will never forgive myself for letting you get hurt" he said quietly and you look at him.

"klaus, listen to me. i'm okay. you're okay. it's okay" he looked at you and you could see his eyes were watery. as you continued, "it could have been a lot worse. but luckily you saved me and that is why i love you so much klaus mikaelson and i would do anything for you" you finished and he smiled.

"i love you so much as well y/n. more then anything in this entire world" he pressed your lips softly against yours and soon after you fell asleep against his chest.