- new girl

[word count: 775]

"how are you holding up?" the doctor asked sitting beside you.

"actually i'm better than i thought i would be. i miss him, more than words could describe. i really do. but i had a love that consumed me, it was exciting and amazing. i got that. most people don't. and i have this baby to remind me of him" you said giving him a tired smile.

your boyfriend, the love of your life, had died only a few months ago. after his death, you discovered you were pregnant. and you were really happy about it.

as you walked out of the doctors office you bumped into someone. you blink as he steadied you.

"that was my fault, i'm sorry" a rich accented voice said. you looked into his eyes. he was a very handsome man and you felt crazily guilty even thinking that.

"it's okay" you say kindly while smiling at him.

"could i buy you a drink?" he asked forwardly.

"i'm pregnant" you just awkwardly. "so i can't drink"

"i know you're pregnant" he said, which made you furrow your eyebrows. he could hear the baby's heartbeat but you didn't know that.

"how?" you asked confused. you weren't showing yet, at least you thought you weren't. "am i getting bigger already?" you asked him nervously.

"no of course not. you have a, glow" he said hesitantly, feeling stupid.

"yeah? i think that's sweat" you smiled and he laughed.

"are you already dating somebody?" he asked, your smile faded from your face.

"i was. he passed away" you said quietly.

"i'm sorry" he said to you softly.

"thank you. i might take you up in that drink. non alcoholic though. if you still are up for it?" you asked. you felt at ease with him. he smiled widely.

"absolutely"

-8 months later-

"oh my gosh! i'm gigantic!" you said stressfully as you looked at yourself in the mirror.

"your pregnant sweetheart., ocourse your going to be gigantic" klaus reminded you.

"that doesn't help!" you said laughing. "but i'm still huge" you complained as you bit your thumbnail nervously. klaus sighed, looking at you softly before walking over to you and sat beside you. he grabbed your hand and squeezed it.

"you're beautiful. and eight and a half months pregnant. cut yourself some slack" he said smiling at you before he put his lips on yours.

"i love you" you said gently to him. you really did. with all your heart. you didn't think you could love ever again, but klaus had changed that. changed you in a good way.

"i love you too"

-1 month later-

"god she's gorgeous. how can anything be that gorgeous?" klaus asked as he rocked your daughter softly. you say up in the hospital bed, sweat sticking your hair to your forehead as you yawned.

"she obviously takes it after me" you joked tiredly. klaus smiled at you, his eyes sparkling. you smiled back at him. he was already amazing with her. he handed her over to you and you held her tight, love filling your heart up.

"y/n?" klaus asked, tucking your hair behind your ear.

"yeah?" you asked smiling at you daughter. you looked up and saw klaus holding a box with a stunning engagement ring inside of it.

"will you?" he asked softly. an exhausted, unbelievable happy tear rolled down your cheek as you nodded yes. he slipped the beautiful diamond ring onto your finger and you hugged him.

"i love you so much klaus" you said before kissing him.

"i love you more" as he kissed you.

-time skip-

"ugh i'm exhausted" you said sitting down in the bed.

"that's probably from the constant lack of sleep" klaus teased as he grinned at you.

"maybe" you said laughing.

"i just put her down. you can take a nap" he said to you.

"i'm okay" you said as you yawned again.

he rose his eyebrows at you. "y/n....cmon you need it. you haven't gotten any sleep. she'll be fine. i'll watch her. please get some sleep. for me?"

you sighed. and smiled at him. "fine. only for you" you said as you layed down and fell asleep.

-2 years later-

"i can't believe the first word she said was dad!!" klaus said, his voice was light and full of happiness.

"i can. she loves you so much. you're so great with her. you didn't have to take on a daughter. me. but you did. i can't thank you enough. and i can't imagine life without you in it" you told him, your hands wrapped around his neck.

"mine as well"