- you make me stronger

[word count: 404]

i woke up from my short nap by hearing klaus and elijah talking. i decided to listen in on what they were saying instead of minding my own business.

"love is a weakness, brother" i overheard klaus mumble to elijah, my mouth fell agape, he can't possibly mean that.

"that's nonsense, niklaus" elijah sighed to him. i shook my head not wanting to listen to this conversation anymore. i stood up furiously, stomping as i started walking upstairs to our room. i heard klaus coming out to see what was happening from all the noise i was making.

"y/n?" he asked from the bottom of the stairs. i glanced back at him from the top of the stairs rolling my eyes. i turned back towards the room quickly, attempting to swing the door shut but klaus held it open, coming in and then shutting the door. god damn vampire speed can be annoying.

"what's the matter love?" he asked you concerned.

"how could you say that?" i asked him, turning on my heels to look him in the face. he had a look of confusion cover him.

"i was just asking what was wrong?" he responded, trying not to get annoyed.

"not that!" i groaned pinching the bridge of my nose, "you told elijah that love is a weakness" i reminded him, he chuckled. i look at him, my head cocked, eyebrows risen.

"this is what's got you so riled up?" he asked laughing at me. i scoffed.

"it's not funny, niklaus" i deadpanned, his laughter died down as i called him by his full name which i never do. "you know saying that basically means you're saying that being with me makes you weak" i said turning away from him, my eyes burning from a few tears threatening to be spilled. i felt his hands rest on my shoulders softly.

"you don't make me weak, sweetheart." he sighed in return, his accent sounding stronger than usual.

"then why would you say something like that?" i asked him, not moving an inch as he moved closer to me.

"i don't know honestly" he whispered to me, gently placing a kiss on the side of my head.

"so i don't make you weak?" i asked, turning around, facing him. he smiled as he noticed my mood going back to normal.

"not at all, love. if anything you make me even stronger"