- diaper struggles

[word count: 411]

"she's beautiful" you said softly as you held your daughter in your arms. he smiled at you, looking nothing but happy. happiness looked great on him.

"i think we have a diaper emergency!" you shouted to klaus raising an eyebrow. klaus looked at y/d/n wearily.

"you do it" he said casually to you. you heard the pleading tone in his voice and looked at him.

"you've changed your daughters diaper before right klaus?" you asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"i don't know how to!" he said defensively. you rolled your eyes.

"you'll learn how to by doing it. now change her!" you demanded trying to hold in your laughter.

"i can't!" he said desperately.

"oh my god, man up!!" you said in disbelief as you handed y/d/n to him.

he glared at you, putting y/d/n gently on the table as he looked at the diapers helplessly. you leaned against the table watching him. your lips twitched at his confusion, but you said nothing, leaving him to figure it out himself.

he managed to change her diaper although it took a lot of fumbling. when he was finished he threw out the diaper and washed his hands as you picked up y/d/n. when he walked back you bursted into laughter. he glared at you, but his eyes were light.

"you learn something new everyday. even after a thousand years" you teased.

"you're loving this aren't you?" he asked lightly.

"more than you know" you said while laughing. he smiled softly shaking his head.

"what's so funny?" he asked out of confusion. you put y/d/b in her crib then looked at him smiling.

"it's just if you told me when we met a century ago that i would be making you change a diaper i would've thought you were drunk" you grinned. he smiled nodding.

"times funny like that" he said.

"life's funny like that" you corrected him softly. klaus pulled you towards him as his lips met yours. you smiled into the kiss and pulled away gently, your hand placed on his cheek. he looked at you so intently.

"what?" you asked, his hand in yours.

"i can't think of anyone else i would want to have a daughter with other than you" he said gruffly. you smiled widely amazed at him being so open, so trusting towards you.

"me neither" you said hugging him. you meant it.