- replacement

[word count: 563]

"hey!" you grinned walking towards klaus and kissing him softly. he smiled half-heartedly. you looked at him questionably.

"you okay?" you asked, your eyes searching his.

"i have to tell you something" he said.

"i have something to tell you too. i hope yours is as good as mine!" you asked happily. he hesitated as you gazed at him. "

"what?" you said, your voice becoming serious.

"i-i'm leaving you y/n..." he said. the air grew thick with silence as you looked at him with disbelief.

"w-what?" you asked again, your voice was quiet.

"i'm leaving you y/n. i didn't mean to but, i fell in love with-"

"cami" you finished for him as your eyes filled up with tears.

"i'm sorry" he said.

you were trying desperately to keep yourself from breaking down. you couldn't even go to a place where you thought of klaus, because you knew if you did, you wouldn't be able to hold yourself together.

"y/n.." he said, his voice breaking.

"it's okay" you told him, hugging yourself.

"what..what were you going to tell me?" he asked. you clutched your hands to your stomach. he looked at you obliviously. you opened your mouth and you were about to tell when cami walked in. you bit your lip.

"it's nothing" you said, walking out blinded with tears.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
[1 year later]

you jolted awake as someone knocked on the door. you answered the door and your cheeks flushed as you came face to face with klaus. you were shocked.

"klaus" you said. klaus analyzed you. he gazed at your baggy eyes, your rumpled clothes, your messy hair and the flush on your cheeks that made it apparent you had been sleeping.

"i'm sorry. i didn't know you'd be asleep in the middle of the day" he said softly.

"it's okay, i just drifted. it's been a long day. um, what are you doing here?" you asked. you knew now would be a great time to tell him he's a dad. to a beautiful little girl. you wished you hadn't waited to tell him until she was 3 months old. he should've known right away.

"cami and i are done. and i feel horrible about how i ended things. i still love you y/n. i tried so hard to stop but it was impossible" he said looking at you. you didn't know what to say.

"you hurt me....a lot klaus. i loved you so much and i still do. it killed me to not be with you. but i've had something amazing to keep me distracted from the fact" you told him. he looked at you in confusion.

you took his hand and brought him inside and closed the door. you walked him to your room. his eyes widened. he gazed at the sleeping baby. the beautiful, sleeping baby.

"she's our's. i'm so so sorry i didn't tell you" you whispered. he could've gotten mad. furious. you would have. but he didn't. he was nothing but overjoyed.

"she's gorgeous....just like you" he whispered squeezing your hand and smiling.

"so that's why you look like such a mess" he teased. you playfully punched him and he grinned. and just like that, you guys became a great couple again with someone you thought you could never look in the eye again.