- ball

[word count: 638]

i honestly don't know what i was doing here. i don't fit in at all. i saw my sister elena across the room and she waved at me but i didn't want to talk to her. she's the reason one of my best friends is dead.

i began to walk over to caroline instead but was stopped by rebekah mikaelson. of course she would be here after all it was her ball. i didn't have anything against her, other than her brother completely ruining my life.

"hey y/n, you look amazing" she said as she pulled me into a hug, which was strange as that we only talked once when was when her asshole brother turned my brother into a hybrid.

"hey, as do you" i replied back to her. i decided to be civil as that she had never done anything wrong to me. she actually seemed like she would be a good friend.

we talked for about an hour nonetheless and became pretty great friends. we started to talk about more deeper questions, it'll more than likely come back at me later but it felt good to get it out of my system. to someone i could actually talk to.

"so..you and stefan?" i said with a teasing smirk and wink. she blushed and looked away from me towards stefan for a moment. i knew there was always something between them.

"yeah, i really like him" rebekah said smiling at the thought of him. it was adorable.

"anyways enough about me, you and my brother seem to have an interesting connection" she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"i mean, he talks about you all the time. non-stop" she said, i sighed. at this point and time i knew i was as red as a tomato.

"there's nothing to say, he ruined my life" i mumbled.

"but you find yourself still attracted to him?" she asked with one eyebrow raised. i nodded 'yes' and looked up to see klaus staring at me from across the room.

"um i need a drink" i said as i walked towards the bar. it was true if i was getting through tonight. i would need to be at least a little tipsy. i finally made it to the bar and swallowed a full class of champagne in what seemed a world recording time.

"careful love, someone might take advantage of you if you're drunk" klaus said as he showed up behind me and stood next to me. i rolled my eyes.

"i can take care of myself" i said as i could feel the salvatore's eyes on me. them protecting elena also means them protecting me. but as i said; i can protect myself.

"i don't know about that. you are attracted to the man that, and i quote, 'ruined your life'" he said as he had that signature smirk on his face. of course he was using his stupid vampire hearing to listen in on my conversation.

"i don't know what you're talking about. you must be imagining things big bad wolf" i said trying to pull it off by walking away but he followed me.

"well love, if you're not attracted to me one dance wouldn't hurt would it now?" he said. he knew he was getting to me and it bothered me a lot.

"fine" i huffed.

"one dance wouldn't hurt anything" i said. but it would.

"perfect" he said smiling. as if on cue, a slow song began to play and klaus put his hand on my back and the other in my hand which forced me to place mine on his shoulder. his touch made me jump, making him laugh.

he knew what he was doing to me. soon one dance turned into the whole night and neither of us noticed.