- fighting

[word count: 502]

klaus walked into your bedroom and you saw he had fresh blood coming down the side of his lip. you immediately got up from laying on the bed and looked at him.

"what?" he asked you.

"i thought you were going to stop drinking from innocent people!?" you slightly yelled at him.

"it was a one time thing y/n. it won't happen again" he said walking closer to you putting his hands on your cheeks.

"you say that every time klaus and you still end up doing it again!" you replied back quickly.

"y/n-"

"no klaus. i gave up almost everything to be with you. i left my home. i left my friends, my family. my old life, literally. i even became a vampire to be with you. and i risk my life everyday by being with you because i love you! i asked you to just do one thing to stop doing and you can't even do it!!" you yelled at him.

"then maybe we shouldn't be together!!!" he yelled loud. you looked at him speechless that he even would say something like that nor think that.

"why are you guys fighting?" an innocent voice said in the background.

klaus and you both turned around to see your 6 year old daughter y/d/n standing at the door. klaus walked over to her and crouched down to be in front of her.

"are you and mommy going to separated?" she asked him without even knowing how to pronounce the word separated.

klaus looked down at the floor then looked back up at y/d/n.

"no honey, mommy and me aren't going to be separated."

"pinky promise?" she held out her pinky and klaus laughed.

"pinky promise" he smiled while attaching his pinky to hers. she smiled back.

"mommy?" she looked at you holding out their interlocked fingers.

you smiled at her then put your pinky in as well.

"pinky promise" you said while smiling at her.

y/d/n then let out a tired yawn and klaus brought her back into her room. when he came back to your room he saw that your head was in your hands.

"y/n" he said softly.

when you heard him you immediately straightened up.

"we can't ever let her see us fighting again. she's too young." you said gently to him. he nodded to agree with you.

"i'm so sorry y/n. i won't feed off of any more humans again. i mean it this time. i pinky promise" he said whiling grinning at you, you laughed.

"what about what you said about us not working out together. did you mean it?" you said quietly with tears in your eyes.

he came over and put his hands on your face.

"i didn't mean that y/n. i wouldn't be able to work without us. without you. i'm sorry" he said while pressing his forehead against yours.

you hugged him tightly, not wanting to ever let go.