- let her go

[word count: 283]

you only need the light when it's burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow, only know you love her when you let her go.

only know you've been high when you're feeling low, only hate the road when you're missing home, only know you love her when you let her go.

and you let her go.

here klaus was, back in the same bar. this time for another one of his stupid choices that ruined him. he let the light in his life walk out. his happiness. his greatness. his love. and it's slowly but surely, breaking him.

staring at the bottom of your glass hoping one day you'll make a dream last, but dreams come slow and they go so fast. you see her when you close your eyes, maybe one day you'll understand why. everything you touch surely dies.

taking the last sip of the strongest drink the bartender gave him, he hung his head down closing his eyes. thinking about all the times back when you guys were together. the happy times. but no. the memories faded into something sad.

he told you it was for the best. that he was too dangerous for you. it wasn't just that. after you said you could protect yourself and you wanted to stay with him, he said something else. something he never wanted to say. he told you to leave. he said he didn't need you, that he didn't love you anymore, or at all. he knew that they were all a lie. he knew he had made the biggest mistake in his life and it was too late now.

and you let her go.