Chapter 30

Author's Note: I can’t believe it’s been forever since my last update. Almost 2 years? Going to 3? I still can’t believe it.

It’s been so long, I don’t know who is still reading this or who is still patiently waiting for this but, if you are, I am sorry for the long wait.

I’ve had a couple of things in life that made me unable to update, and to be honest, I thought at one point I had lost all passion to write with constant writers block. It truly has been one hell of a ride.

There is no promises that I’m back and there is no promises that I can keep up with daily updates at all but I just want to thank all of you for at least understanding why I am all over the place. If there are a couple of you guys that can patiently wait for my dumbass to continue to update, I salute you for it.

Anyways, sorry for the long rant. I had to reread my whole Dark Rose story cause I had no idea what and where I had left off, haha. Well, anyways, I hope whoever is still reading this, to enjoy!

Erza and Natsu couldn’t stop staring at the TV, still at awe at what had just been revealed. The death of a presidential candidate, was the news of the day that was being played at every news cast channel.

No matter how many times Natsu changes the channel, each channel reported the same thing over and over. “I still can’t believe that just happened…” Natsu muttered, with a small streak of sweat rolling down his face.

“…” Erza stood quiet, watching as Natsu skimmed through the channels. What is your play Jellal? She thought to herself. What are your plans? What the hell does this change? Erza continued to think to herself, hoping to find an answer on her own about it. It’s no use, no matter how hard I think about this situation, no matter how I read it, I can only say this is a warning, especially to me…

After a couple of minutes, Natsu completely turned off the TV. “That’s just fucking terrible.” Natsu sighed.

“Was he a friend?” Erza asked, knowing Natsu was just as nervous as her, albeit for different reasons.

“Well, it’s complicated actually,” he answered. He threw himself more into the couch, almost more laid back. “We went to the same college and University. We weren’t friends per say, but we both acknowledged each other for our achievements.” He explained.

“Since college?” She was surprised to say the least. “Wow, didn’t know your history with him went as far as back as that.”

“Yeah…” Natsu sighed, crossing his arms on his chest. “I’m just trying to figure out who would want him dead.”

“…” Erza knew who it was, though knew she couldn’t share her answers with him. “I’m sure the FBI and the cops would figure out who did it.” She placed her hand over his upper thigh, reassuring the man with some hope, giving herself that false sense of hope as well.

“I guess.” He then placed his hand over here, feeling her warmth. He shot her a smile which she shot back at him.

BZZZZZZ!” Their little moment came to an end when Natsu's work phone began to ring.

Natsu got up from the couch and walked towards his phone which was in the other room. “Hello?” He answered.

Erza could only make out a few words from where she was from. Probably just about what they had seen in the news as well.

She turned to look at the TV, though there was no significance of doing so. Erza was now in her thoughts again, still remembering the words Jellal had uttered for her earlier, before what was on the news. When you let your guard down, when you’re at your lowest, I’ll strike. His words echoed through her head. And when I do, I’ll make you suffer. I’ll make the pinkette suffer, slowly in front of your eyes and there will be nothing you’ll be able to do to stop me!

“Damn you, Jellal.” Erza whispered to herself. “I don’t know what you’re up to, but I won’t let you win…”

“Hey Erza!” Natsu called from the other room.

She jumped a bit, thinking she had heard him. “Uh, what’s up?”

“Have you seen my other cell phone?” Natsu was trying to find it, while still on his work phone.

She had remembered that Jellal had taken it from when she had last seen it. “I haven’t seen it, did you miss placed it?” She didn’t lie of course.

“Eh, you’re probably right.”

Laxus was now home.

He took what the doctor had told him from his therapy session and had gotten some boxes. “Phew.” He brought a whole pile, which made him exhausted, coming from his garage to the living room.

He arranged some boxes, now ready for what’s to come.

He walked around his house, remembering all the memories of him and his loved one. All the precious, unforgettable moments in his life. He remembered it all. A small tear escaped and he quickly wiped it.

Laxus began in the living room. He, with the box in hand began to move stuff around. From small accessories to a collection of books, he placed it.

A certain book he held grabbed his attention. It had no title but he knew what it was, a photo album of all the things he and Levy had done in their lives. He took his time skimming throughout it, smiling without realizing it. This was something he knew he wanted to continue to keep. He closed it and placed it back onto the bookcase.

As he continued in silence with the packing, there was a sudden knock on his door, startling the spiky blonde. He wasn’t expecting company.

He walked over and looked through his peephole only to see a familiar male red head. He unlocked his door, and slowly opened it, peeking his head out. “What do you want?”

“Can I at least get a hi?” Gildarts responded.

“I know this isn’t a friendly visit,” Laxus opened his door, letting him in. “What do you want?”

“Well you know what I want, but I know that you still need time,” Gildarts came in, taking a seat next to Laxus on his couch. He can see that Laxus was in the middle of sorting some stuff out. “Was I interrupting something?”

“Yes,” he truthfully told. “And, are you here asking me as a friend or as a civil duty?”

“A little of both.” Gildarts answered honestly.

“I should punch you.” Laxus gave the man a grin.

“And you have every right to do so,” Gildarts deserved anything the man threw at. “Like I said, I know that you still need your time, to think and to mourn, but new things have come up.”

“And that is?” Laxus raised an eyebrow at the man. He knew nothing of the new things.

“Have you not been caught up in the news?” Gildarts asked.

“Not really, I’m in my own thoughts right now,” Laxus told. “Truth be told, I don’t want to know what’s going on with the outside world. Not now at least.”

“Well, I’ll only tell you if you are up to it,” the red head tried to honor what he’s trying to do. “It’s one of the things I can at least do without getting punched.”

“Heh,” Laxus chuckled. “I appreciate that.”

As the two conversed, another knock was heard on his door. The two look towards the door. “You expecting someone else?” Gildarts asked.

“Not really,” Laxus got up and went to the door. Looked through his peephole and saw it was his doctor, Dr. Lucy Heartfilia, well she looked more now like a regular civilian, wearing black buttoned up shirt with a black zip up sweater, jeans and some low top converse with her hair in a ponytail. “Hello, doctor, what brings you here?”

“Well, my last session got cancelled and I thought I’d take you up on that offer on- Agent Gildarts?” She recognized the red head sitting on the couch as she walked in.

“Oh, hello doctor, nice to see you again.” Gildarts got up and gave her a quick hug as she joined the two on the couch.

“You know each other?” Laxus asked as he closed and locked his door.

“Yeah, the Bureau also has her as a department shrink as well.” Gildarts answered.

“Every now and then I have to bump heads with him whenever there is a crisis of some kind, just making sure for his boss that his men are up to duty and stuff.” Lucy had explained.

“Huh, never knew that.” Laxus sat with them.

“Well what brings you here doc?” The red head asked.

“I am here to help Laxus with his mourning,” she cleared her throat, clearing the raspy in her voice. “Just helping out in any way I can with my patients.”

“I hear you.” Gildarts got up.

“Leaving already?” Both Laxus and Lucy asked in unison.

“Yeah,” Gildarts pressed his hand onto his neck, cracking it in place. “Well, I hope to hear from you again Laxus, really I do.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Laxus got up too. “I’m assuming whatever you currently got on your hands has an expiration date, right?”

“Well not exactly but time is of the essence,” both men walked towards the door. “And you know her… she won’t speak to anyone unless it’s you.”

“I wish that wasn’t the case,” Laxus opened the door for the man. “But I know sooner or later I’ll have to face my demons.”

“Well, I’ll be seeing you both,” Gildarts gave the two a nod. “Doc, Laxus.”

“See ya.” Lucy said her goodbye.

Laxus simply nodded and closed the door.

“I’m assuming he was giving you an update on you-know-who?” Lucy asked.

“Yeah, something about another case that occurred.” Laxus was now standing next to the bookcase, continuing where he left off.

“Oh really?” Lucy got up now, about to start her civil duty. “Is it the thing that’s been playing in all the news cast channels?”

“I don’t know doc,” Laxus answered. “I’m just focusing on me like you said, I’ve blocked all things like media and stuff, so I’m pretty much blind right now.”

“You know, when I said to focus on yourself, I didn’t mean literally.” Lucy couldn’t help but chuckle at the request she had given the blonde man.

“I take my orders literally most of the time.”

A couple of days passed and the news of the death of presidential candidate had finally quietened to some extent.