Chapter 19

Author's Note: I have some real good momentum at the moment with the story. That and I really appreciate all the reviews and compliments for the last 2 chapters, I appreciate them.

Some of you are wondering why I killed off that certain character, well sometimes I have to make sacrifices for the sake of the character's development. Plus, a death of a loved one is much more impactful to the character instead of a random one. It was heartbreaking to say the least about writing that bit but I will still stand by decision.

Other than that, I hope you can understand why I chose to do that. Now that we got that out of the way, let's start the next chapter.

To him, everything was silent. From the cops putting up and extending the crime scene duct tape from one end of the building to another as they secured one of the entrances to the alley, the sounds of medical examiners putting the victim in a body bag and carefully picking the gurney up as they dragged the body into their truck, everything was so silent to him.

He still couldn't believe it. The love of his life, the Apple to his eye, the light to his shadow, was very taken from him. Laxus sat in silence in Gildarts' car, watching from the front passenger side as the red haired agent took over the crime scene.

From his jacket to the white shirt he wore underneath, Laxus was drenched in blood, her blood. Her stared at his blood covered hands, still picturing the sight of Levy in his arms.

He closed his eyes, hard enough to prevent the flowing of tears he had been holding back. Right there and then, he had to accept the reality. The reality of losing a dearly loved one. And was his fiancée.

Gildarts finally came back, checking up on him as he opened the driver's seat, talking to him as he stood outside of his car. "Hey, you okay?" He saw the image of a broken man, silently sulking in his tears as the crime scene was processed.

Nothing. He didn't say anything. Laxus continued to watch from the window as the EMTs took her lifeless body back in a place he'd never thought he'll see her: the coroner's morgue.

"Hey man, talk to me." Gildarts tried once more to get him to talk.

Nope, still not bulging.

And with that, Gildarts closed the door to his car and headed back to the crime scene where the Interpol agent were as well. "He saying anything?" Meredy asked as she saw the FBI agent heading towards them.

"Nope." He sighed, standing right next to them.

"The Chief called, he handed over the case to us now." Ultear said, coming back from a phone call she had.

"Well after what just happened," Gildarts looked right back at his car and back at them. "I would've made that call as well."

"How's he holding up?" Ultear asked, concerned for the man's emotional state.

"Not good, he's not talking to me." He answered her.

"Let me go talk to him." Meredy asked Gildarts, lending her words now.

"Go right ahead." Gildarts affirmed her.

"Let me borrow your keys." The pinkette now asked for his car keys, a strange request that had the FBI agent raise an eyebrow.

"Um, the car is unlocked." Gildarts assumed that was her reason for the keys.

"Just trust me for god sakes!" She told him.

Still having no clue as to what the woman intends to do with his keys, he gave in and as she requested, gave her the keys.

She walked away from the two and towards the car. Slowly, she approached and opened the door and sat right down on the driver's seat, closing the door for her and the detective's privacy. "Hey." She greeted him.