Chapter 4

Erza was finally back at the hotel she was staying at. She needed the rest after the whole incident that had happened at the Dragneel political party or whatever the event was. Either way, just thinking of it made her have a minor headache.

She laid on the luxurious Queen sized bed that was all for herself, being an assassin does pay off after all. Even for an assassin however, she would still wear a bright pink, top and bottom, pajamas.

Her arm was over her forehead, now slightly dozing off until she mentally slapped herself, remembering she had to make an important call to someone.

She sat on the bed, grabbed her android phone which was to the right of her on the bed and quickly turned it on. She made her way through her contacts and phone the one she needed to call. She pressed it, now ringing.

She waited a couple of seconds before the other end finally answered. "Yes, Erza?" Not even a proper greeting.

"Well hello to you too, Jellal." Erza greeted back in a way she had mocked him.

"Haha very funny," Jellal's sarcasm was obvious but given the situation, he was in no mood. "I take you're calling because of what had happened at the party, correct?"

"Is it all over the news?" She assumed much.

"Yes, but you know what has me at awe the most though?" He asked her.

She didn't really have nothing in mind to answer with. "No, what is it?"

"The fact that you actually saved the poor sod from the bullet," His voice sounded displeased as his own sentence ended. "If you ask me, you should've let him die right there and then."

"As much as that would've made my job a whole lot easier, couldn't," she remembered the whole thing like a highlight reel, although one she would want to forget instead. "Unfortunately, I'm his new bodyguard. If I had let him die there, the police would've suspected me."

"His bodyguard?" Although it wasn't farfetched for her to be a bodyguard for the next-to-be president, Jellal was baffled. "What happened to being someone's sexy secretary or sexy journalist?"

"I was caught off guard, okay?" There was a first for everything, for Erza though, fucking up a bit on a hit wasn't one of them.

"You know what? Whatever." She didn't have to be there to know he had rolled his eyes at her.

"But this wasn't why I was calling." She wanted to change the subject.

"Why are you calling then?" Jellal asked.

"Mirajane is here." She answered.

"Ah crap," besides Erza, Mirajane is another assassin Jellal had trained since she was little. She was the troublesome of the lot and would intentionally try to mess with other assassin's hit. He also knew that she and Era had a little fling with each other but that was ancient history. "I take she was the shooter, huh?"

"Yeah." She answered.

"I'll deal with her later." By the sound of his voice, he was agitated by the news given to him by Erza.

"Better." She ended the call.

She placed her phone on the small desk next to her desk and proceeded to turn off the desk lamp.

As she laid in the dark though, the lingering memory of her mother was still in her head. What exactly did the memory mean? She barely remembered her, let alone have memories of her.

No matter, like the annoyance of Mirajane, she simply scoffed it away and pulled the covers over her, now falling into deep sleep.

...