Chapter 16

“No fucking way.” Out of all the things he’s heard in his life time, Laxus, along with Interpol Agents and FBI Agent Gildarts, were baffled to hear what the so called CIA agent, Mard Geer, had revealed to them.

“A spy?” Ultear, the senior agent from Interpol had gotten up from her seated position and stomping furiously as she walked towards the CIA Agent. She then held the man from his collar, prompting the surrounding the people in the room to go towards them. “DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE SHE’S KILLED AND INJURED!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY OF THOSE WERE KIDS!?” She yelled at the man, carrying him still.

“Ultear!” Meredy, the junior Interpol agent, along with FBI agent Gildarts try to pry of Ultear from Mars Geer.

“I’m fully aware of the actions she’s done, I don’t have to be reminded of them,” Calm as ever, even as he was held in the most threatening position by the Interpol agent. “At the time, we knew what she was capable of but what we didn’t know was that she had gone rogue, that she had done all of those tragic things.”

Finally prying her hands off, Mard Geer was let go and Gildarts and Meredy now restrained her from lashing at her. “You son of bitch!” Ultear cursed at him, trying to loosen the grip the two agents held on her.

Laxus and Chief Jura could only stare at the primitive actions the two were doing in his office. “When you say rogue, does that mean she’s no longer affiliated with you guys?” Laxus asked.

“Correct detective,” Mard Geer fixed his tie. Ultear had undid it while she was holding him by the collar. “And since she was part of our Agency, she is our mess to clean.”

“Oh no, she does not get off the hook that easy!” Ultear finally calmed down, but it didn’t stop Gildarts and Meredy to continue to restrain her. “She’s wanted for killing the Ambassador of Bellum, one of the Senators from Caelum and many charges for her inhumane actions. She’s Interpol’s bitch to catch.”

“Now wait a minute, none of you have jurisdiction here,” Jura stood up from his chair across from them. “Ms. Milkovich, you are fully aware that we still hold jurisdiction here, so far you and your associate are only consultants to our case.” He looked at her and then back at Geer. “And Mr. Geer, while I thank you for the information you’ve given us, this isn’t any of your concern anymore.”

“But I’m not done yet,” Mard smirked. “Minerva, like I said was our spy. She was in a secret organization of Assassins that she had infiltrated while she was still with us.”

“And what does that have to do with our case?” Laxus crossed his arms around his chest. He was already familiar with an assassin he had come across over the last 2 months.

“That same organization was the one that sent that pretty little blonde assassin of yours in the morgue to kill Natsu Dragneel.” Mard placed his hands behind him, giving the group a smirk as he told them.

“You mean to tell me that Mirajane Strauss was an associate to Minerva?” Gildarts asked. He and Laxus were the ones to had finally had some closure to that case. But somewhere, he knew that he wasn’t done so easily with it.

“Both are associates to that organization,” Mard corrected him. “But yes, they were very much associates as well.” He continued. “For years before she had gone rogue, she was feeding us information about it’s members. But all we ever wanted was the information of the ring leader, the one who pulls all the strings.”

“And that’s why you want her?” Jura asked.

“For the most part, yes,” Geer answered. “But also to make sure she doesn’t spill the beans of our operations around Earthland.”