Chapter 29

Author's Note: I actually had 29 out for a long time but never knew I never posted it here, lol, sorry about that.

The sun rose from it's slumber, covering the city of Magnolia with it's glimmer of sunshine.

Inside the mansion, laid Erza on the couch with bags under her eyes. Ever since her encounter with Jellal, she couldn't let her guard down, even if it makes her lack sleep.

Slowly dosing off, blink by blink, she heard footsteps coming towards her. "WHO'S THERE!?" She jumped off from the couch, immediately with a battle stance.

"Whoa there!" Natsu held his arms over his head, yielding to her response.

"Oh sorry…" Erza apologized for her sudden out burst. "Had an unwelcomed guest last night, thought he came back."

"An unwelcomed guest?" Natsu raised an eyebrow. "Was it a paparazzi?"

"I guess you can say." She sugarcoated the truth. She couldn't bare to tell the man she loved the actual truth.

Natsu walked over to his window toward his right, peeking as he slightly moved a bit of the curtain out of the way. "Have you been awake all night?" He asked, seeing the street view.

"Sort of." She yawned, stretching her whole body.

"Do you want some coffee?" He turned to look at her once more. "I make a mean brew, ya know?" He gave her smile.

"You don't say?" She chuckled.

"I miss her so much doc." Laxus said, laying down on the patient couch. Right next to him was Lucy Heartfilia, the psychiatrist appointed to him to help him cope with the loss of his wife.

"I know detective, I know." Lucy jotted down some notes.

"You know my boss wants me to talk to her killer." Laxus said, with a hint of an angry tone. Who wouldn't?

"So I've heard," she knew of the predicament he was in. "I can see why it'd be difficult for you. Seeing the files both the FBI and the CIA have on her, Minerva is a complete delusional psychopath. You talking to her would be a bad idea, especially with the fresh wound that is your wife."

"It would only end badly, and not just on her." He crossed his arms around his chest.

"I already advised them that you still need time to cope properly," she revealed to him. "I know she won't talk to anyone but you."

"So I've heard." He groaned. Minerva had the sick delusion of being the "right" woman for him.

"But," Lucy continued. "One of these days you have to confront her."

"And it's not one of these days, that's for sure doc." He turned to look at her, still jotting down stuff on her small notepad.

"Well let's continue with your session today." She finally let go of her notepad, placing it on her lap.

"Right," he unfolded his arms and began to sit properly. "So what's on the menu today doc?"

"Well for starters, you've been progressing really good," she skimmed through her notes. "Safe to say we're now on the fifth stage of grieving."