Chapter 5

With her immediate reaction, Erza was able to push her body against Natsu's, dodging the bullet. Both of them fell from the stage and quickly ducked behind 5 to 6 feet of stone, along with Sting, that was placed to make both the stadium and stage higher for the democrat.

The bullet went straight through the mahogany wooden podium, making splinters fly and hit the three on stage. The shot was loud, ceasing everybody's chants and turning them into loud cries and screams.

The hundreds of people that were at his rally suddenly turn to that of zilch as they all hurried to get out stadium as soon as they could. Only a few just ducked down behind their seats.

"You guys okay?" Erza calmly asked.

"I'm good." Natsu panted, almost scared shitless.

Sting trembled with fear. This was the first time something like this happened to him which made him speechless. Still though, he was still well and alive... physically of course.

"You think it's the same person as yesterday?" Natsu asked. He too now was calmed.

An image of Mirajane popped up in Erza's head. "Maybe." Erza knew by know that this was just a game for the white blonde. A game she still has no idea what it's about.

She went on her knees and peeked about, hoping she fled the scene before the cops come. Now where were you... She looked at the hole which the bullet made. With her mind, she was able to make a trajectory line to find and pinpoint Mirajane's exact location.

There! A few buildings over, a tower that had a window platform. She can faintly see that the blonde assassin had left the sniper behind.

"Okay, I think we're good to go." Erza lifted herself from her hidden position. Natsu and Sting followed closely.

"That was close, thanks for saving me again." Natsu let out an exhausting breath.

"No problem." Erza looked over at where they came through to get to the stage and saw that a few policemen came their way.

"Are you okay, Sting?" Natsu looked over at his secretary. He can see that he was a bit shaken up.

"Can't believe that I almost got shot..." Sting said underneath his breath, shocked at what had just happened.

"You guys alright?" Detective Laxus, the same detective from the party, asked the trio.

"Me and Erza are okay, he's the only one that's shaken up a bit." Natsu pointed at Sting.

"That's good," Laxus looked around the stadium, before reaching into his front pocket and getting his walkie-talkie. "What's the current status, men?"

"We found two of the window washers dead up here in Trenton Bank Inc., building." One of them responded.

"..." Laxus had a moment of silence before he continued. "Anything else?"

"Our shooter left behind their gun and the bullet cartridge as well." The same gun Erza saw from the stadium.

"They left the gun? Why?" Natsu asked.

"What kind of sniper rifle is it?" Laxus asked.

"A customized Barrett."