Chapter 1

I dedicate this story to Red's new album, Of Beauty and Rage, which gave me the inspiration and ideas for this story, well sort of...

Author's Note: Like I've said before, this is my new Natza/Nerza AU Story. It is going to be very different from my other stories and personally, I think this might be my favorite story so far I've been working on. The rating on the story might change as well, so be wary of it... unless you don't mind it, then okay. And probably a few instances of OOC will occur so be advised as well.

Another note is that I'm bringing this from my Fanfiction account incase you missed it from the summary. And no, unlike my other Natza/Nerza stories, this is not a oneshot!

Alright, I hope you enjoy this. Now, for story time...

The City of Magnolia; a magnificent sight to behold. In the day, its streets are filled with the joys of children, men and women, ranging from any age. The sound of cars honking their way to their jobs or homes. But in the night, the city that is so filled with joy and hope is gone...

"Huh... huh..." A shadowy figurine huffed and puffed as he ran through the woods.

The full moon's light was enough for the shadow to see and run through the forest without much trouble. He finally reached the end of the trail, making out to an open field with high tall grass. "...huh... I think... I finally... lost her..." He fell to his knees, soon followed by falling and laying down on the grass.

"Oh did you now?" His eyes widened and his spine tingled with fear as he heard the menacing but innocent tone of voice. But in which direction?

"You-You're NOT HUMAN AT ALL!" He quickly got up from his laid position, continuing his run. Sadly, his run was cut short when a star like shuriken pierced his leg. "AAH!" He screamed in agony, falling down to ground. "Oh... fuck... uhuh..." He looked at his left leg and saw the shuriken, rapidly breathing with each second he glanced at his injury. For only a short instance, he tried to pull the weapon out of his leg but succumbed to its pain.

"Oh, I'm perfectly human," the voice said once more. "I'm just on a different level than you."

"P-Please!" He started crawled back, looking and begging at the shadowy figure in front of him. "I'll... I'll DOUBLE WHOEVER IS PAYING YOU!" He pleaded his money for his life. "JUST LET ME LIVE!"

"That's cute," the figurine stepped into pale of the moonlight, revealing herself. Long scarlet hair that matched that of soaked blood, a nice curvy body covered in black light battle armor with matching gloves and boots, stood right in front the man while holding a Sai in her left hand. She then pointed the sharp edge of her Sai near the man's throat. "But I don't take offers from the people I've been contracted to kill." And in a single horizontal slash to his throat, the soul in the man's body ceased to exist. "Sorry."

...

"Who do we have here?" A blonde spiky haired detective wearing a trench coat and dark sunglasses, asked as he entered the open field with another officer who escorted him to the crime scene.

"Oh, you're in for a surprise, Detective." The officer fixed his hat as he walked and navigated his superior around the tall grass.

After walking for several minutes, they finally made it to the victim's location where the METs have already started their initial investigation. "Oh no..." The detective put his right hand over his forehead, realizing exactly who the victim was.

"Yup," a long green haired male MET near the corpse said. "The victim is our lovely corrupt CEO of Grimoire Heart Industries, Precht Gaebolg or like his co-workers like to call him, Hades."